800HD is going out - DMM say ...

• I'm owner of 800HD - ORIGINAL 800HD from DMM - thanks DMM for no more support for this box !

DMM - if You don't release a new kernel for the 800HD, the oldest owners of HD receivers will be very dissatisfied and cheated by DMM.

• Dm800 is to slow for the new kernel. this is the only reason to stay at the old kernel. for sure the webbrowser will work on a dm800, but it‘s not really funny

so, the box was the first hd box from dmm, but the hardware is out of time now. it is something we have to live with.

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• Perhaps there are other reasons than "slower box" - a large number of clones and forcing them to buy new tuners ...
    I think this is not fair ...

• So slow ist der auch nicht, DMM strategie, ich finde es sehr schade.

Cau Adas

Not? Did you had a chance to compare it with other boxes? I have many dreamboxes and the DM800 had always the slowest CPU from all my dreamboxes, it's even slower then the DM7025 CPU, even if it has 50mhz more, but it's slower! The DM800 CPU simply suxx ... but well ... it was the first Broadcom HD Box so you can't really complain that the oldest HD Dreambox is the slowest HD Box ...

It is a slow box ... and it would be much slower with Kernel 3.2. So why it's so important to have the new kernel for you? I guess most people prefer good performance and would not be happy if the box is much slower then before. Most people don't even care which "Kernel" is running in their Box. I think you should be happy that DMM still supports this box and also release new images for it, even if the DM800 uses the old kernel.

Zitat

if You don't release a new kernel for the 800HD, the oldest owners of HD receivers will be very dissatisfied and cheated by DMM.

And if they release the new kernel, the box takes 5 minutes for booting, network is unusable slow and overall performance much slower then with older kernels / images, everyone will be happy ? Or only you? Why is the new kernel so important for you??

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• BCM 7325 mit 333 MHz, also 33Mhz schneller mit kernel 3.1.1 funktioniert normal.

Ja und?
    Die 800 hat keine FPU. Außerdem supported Broadcom selbst den 2.6.18er Kernel schon nicht mehr. Es gab massive Probleme mit dem Netzwerk unter dem 3.2er Kernel die sich auch nicht beheben ließen.
    Da brauchen wir nicht weiter drüber zu diskutieren, warum willst überhaupt den 3.2er Kernel, was erwartest du dir davon?

• BCM 7325 (333MHz) ~ 600DMIPS, BCM 7401 (300MHz) ~ 450DMIPS. The FPU is used only in the "special cases". Some plugins or usb devices simply need newer kernel with newer modules, that's all.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von helour ()