Can ping, can ftp, can't flash, can't watch

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: 7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): believe it's Enigma 2, but don't know for sure
    Firmware version: don't know

your question

Hi. I have a problem with 7025. Here's what i did. DB arrived, yey! Plugged it in and turned it on. There was no start wizzard which was supposed to show up. Then there was a messege that i should do a service search. Did that via automatic mode, and it found more than 1000 services and the channel list is full, but none of the channels show up, all i see is DB background and 'waiting for event data' on the info bar, no matter is it fta or pay channel. Connected it to my pc. Switch box on while pressing the under arrow... Box writes DHCP and doesn't give me an IP address, it says:

dhcp
    flash/vmlinux.gz

Ok, then i've set the ip adress manually in setup. I can ping it, but can't access it - i can't use DreamUp with only nullmodem cable, i have to use the crossover cable also, otherwise i can't even ping it. In DreamUp, i start the connection and it says 'turn on dreambox', so i do it but but nothing happens. With hyperterminal, i can access it via telnet, but it says nothing's there and i can't se the boot menu. I can FTP it without any problems.

Also, in satelite config, it was already preconfigured for two LNB's, even though i have onla one LNB tuned to Astra. At first they were set to Simple, DiSEqC AB, Astra, Eutelsat but since it din't work i changed it to simple, single, astra for both sockets. Nothing. I can't set Socket B to 'Same as socket A' or 'nothing connected' or any other option stated in the manual.It just says SocketB: Alps BSBE 702A (DVB-S), tha same as in socket A.

And the box yis pretty hot.

Help me :frowning_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lurker ()

• The software on your 7025 seems to be a very old one - try to update it.

I suppose you use the actual Version of DreamUp from http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP.zip

Are you sure that your nullmodem cable is OK and you selected the correct COM port in DreamUp?

To make a basic test, connect PC and Dreambox via the nullmodem cable, open Hyperterminal, create a new connection by selecting the correct COM port (115200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no handshake/flowcontrol) and turn on the Dreambox.
    You should see some output from the bootloader, otherwise your cable is not OK or you selected the wrong COM port.

If this test was sucessfull you can start using DreamUp - either with or without network (though i recommend using it - otherwise flashing takes about 45 mins).

When you use DreamUp without network, it's normal that you can't ping the box as there is no network active to handle it :smiling_face:

• To be honest, it never occured to me that the cable might be faulty, but now that you mentioned it, it could be. I tried with both port combinations and nothing. I also tried with tcpip and it connects to the box, and i login as root, but the box says there's nothing there. Didn't remember the exact outoput, but it pretty much says it can't find anything. Yet, ftp-ing shows lot of files.

Also, is it normal for the box to be hot? It didn't burn my skin, but it was pretty hot.

• After the box has booted into linux, you can't flash it anymore. This has to be done using DreamUp or via the web interface from the so called 2nd stage bootloader (the "thing" that says "DHCP" if you press the down arrow).

So if you don't have any DHCP server in your network (e.g. a router), you should check the nullmodem cable and use DreamUp to flash a newer software.

• ok, i'll get a new nullmodem cable and try again.

what about the temperature? how can i now if it's over heating?

• Well, they are getting warm - no question. But the values are insde the specs and were tested, nothing to be really worried about (as long as the case doens't start to melt of course ;)).

• while i am here, another question - how do i install plugins? i always see 'copy to var/tmp and install via the blue panel'. i can copy it to var/tmp, but what then?

• Seems like you are talking about some 3rd party images/plugins - sorry, but we don't support that.

This is the manufacturer's forum and only our original firmware is supported here.

• The cable is definitely ok, i can ftp to the box and transfer files without any problems, but when i try to flash, nothing happens, with or without network.

What else can i try?

• That applies to the network cable only. What about the nullmodem cable? This one is not used for ftp or any other network transports.

• Sorry for my bad english, but i try to help you.

To flash the box:

-You have to press the "arrow - down"-button on the box while you switch it on with the switch on the backside.

-After a view seconds the box normally gets a ip adress from the dhcp server.

-Now you can release the button.

The box is now in the "stop" mode.
    If a ip-adress is shown in the lcd-display, you don´t even need dreamup.
    Just type the ip-adress in your favourite browser and you will see the webif of the bootloader.

Then click on the link "firmware update" or somwhere in the text and upload the nfi-file.

When the flash process has finished, you can reboot the box.

• I did that already, but it doesn't show an ip address. It just sasy 'dhcp flash/vmlinux.gz' and after a whle it goes away.

Zitat

Originally posted by el_tonno
    Just type the ip-adress in your favourite browser and you will see the webif of the bootloader.

Then click on the link "firmware update" or somwhere in the text and upload the nfi-file.

When the flash process has finished, you can reboot the box.

Then i've set the ip via setup menu, and i can ping it, telnet, and transfer files up & down via ftp. But when i enter that ip address i the explorer, i get 'The page cannot be displayed'

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lurker ()

• If you do not have a DHCP Server in your LAN you have to setup the IP manual - with null-modem-cable aud hypertherminal :winking_face:
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/setup_eng.php

than you can flash via Web Browser too :winking_face:
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/eng_browser.php

otherwise use null-modem-cable and Dreamup:
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/dreamup.php

• Sorry, i didn´t recognize that you have no dhcp-server on your system.

the easiest way to make a dhcp server is to activate the "Internet - Connection - Shareing" - if you run Windows XP.
    Ihe IP Adress of the PC will be set to 192.168.0.1 and a dhcp-server is also active.
    Maybie then you can operate without a null modem-cable.