dm800se hdd

• i installed a 500gb hdd in dm800se.
    dreambox cant find the hard disk.
    isnt just plug and play?
    needed to conect any cables?
    i didnt

• if i go menu ,system then i dont get a hard disk option

if i go about ,i see that no hdd detected

and i dont have a manual for dm800se.only geting started leaflets were in box.
    and from site there is no manual for the specific model/
    only for dm800 pvr.
    anyone can provide me a pdf manual for dm800se?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gorica ()

• Same problem here
    I have installed a Samsung 500gb esata HD into my DM800 PVR.
    Gone through the set up process.It does not come up if I go into setup but it does show when going into blue panel.
    I have gone through the initialisation process.
    Unfortunately the box only recognises the internal flash memory.
    Any help would be hugely appreciated
    Many thanks

• I tried to install a Samsung Story HDD using the esata lead connection to my DM800 HD PVR and can see the HDD in Media Player but cannot seem to get the box to recognise it for a recording file path, I have followed the manual (pdf) of the cd disc and it states in the system menu click on Hard Drive and choose your HDD but I do not get this option in the system menu, I have put it in expert mode to get the full menu choice so this is not the problem, as the original poster has stated. Surely someone on here can help us English speakers out I am sure this seems a regular problem when trying to align a external HDD just can't see any responses from admin/moderators etc on this to help us. Maxl I have also formatted the hard drive via the DM800 so still don't know why it is not aligning to the system? Please helps us someone.

• I am beginning to think this board is a complete waste of time, unless you speak German it appears support is none exsistent to English and the moderators/developers cant be bothered to help just jump on forum infringments quickly but not on actually giving responses to problems instead. Prove me wrong, I dare you 4 people have posted the same issue with connecting external HDD's perhaps one of you can now help !!I even posted it in German and still no response :pouting_face:

• Hmm... A genuine Dreambox isn't shipped with any CDs or whatever... So don't wonder if a strange clone box makes strange problems!

But this is more like a usability problem, so here we go: The solution to your problem should be those two steps.
    First set a bookmark for the path to your hdd through pressing 2*Video (you can change to the upper window by Bouquet+).
    Then select that bookmark in Settings->System->Recording paths.

Last but not least: Since when do Admins and Mods have to post on user problems? There responsible for the forum's administration and that it complies with German laws not for helping you. This is user-helps-user :winking_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• Thank you for your response, I am concerned to hear that genuine Dreambox's aren't shipped with CD's as I had one with the pdf manual on it. I have done the Genuine dreambox check and it is coming back as a Genuine Box, is there anything else I can do to ensure it is genuine :question_mark: