AC3+ Sound Problem

• Hello

As mentioned before channels with Ac3+ audio are not working in DM800,DM500HD,DM8000,DM800se. i tested a lot of images and all with the same results.No sound!!Today i tested **************(an old image) and i can confirm that with this image sound is working!!How its possible and why DMM multimedia does not provide solution to new drivers?

Regards

• yes but why with an old [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] is working fine?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• but that's not an official image from dmm, maybe they use some stuff without a license or whatever, I have no clue ...

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Hello

According to my checks all older images until 12/2009 with kernel 2.6.18 are working fine with ac3+ sound.What changed in the new kernel and new images and not working?

• Once again and the last time for you: DMM does not offer any AC3+ Support.

DMM does not have the required license for AC3+ yet, so you will not get any support or help for this here because DMM does not have a license for it so it would be illegal to support AC3+ on a dreambox. So no support here for this, specially if you use 3rd party images that are not from DMM. Ask there from where you got your software, but not here please. You can't expect that DMM will help you to do illegal things with your box ... think about it ...

BTW: You are really really sure you are talking about Dolby Digital PLUS / AC3+ ? Enigma2 never supported it and doesn't even know those audiotracks. I also doubt that older images supported it and somehow I have the feeling you are talking about something different, maybe other AC3 Tracks, but I don't think you are really talking about AC3+ ... Enigma2 never supported it! Maybe you are talking about another AC3 AudioTrack Format, but not AC3+ ... it would required audio drivers from DMM with AC3+ Support and Enigma2 would needs some more updates to support ac3+. I doubt this was ever possible and according to a DEV in IRC he also doubts that you talk about AC3+ because enigma2 simply does not support it and never supported it ...

Can you upload a small example video with the audio track you are talking about so that we can take a look at it.

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()