New dm800se and fan noise

• Hi, I bought a dm800se on 17th of decembre 2010. Since then, I noticed that the embedded fan was a little noisier than my old dm500HD fan.
    The box is placed on a open shelf just under the TV, I'm sitted at about 3 mt distance from TV and I can hear clearly the noise of the fan running at 2500 rpm (default speed when the box is ON) with the TV volume at 15%-20%. Is it normal or my fan is defective? :confused_face:

My old DM500HD's fan was running normally at 2200 rpm and I could not hear it in the same conditions above descripted.

• No one is able to suggest me how to obtain a new fan to replace mine?
    I wouldn't like to send box in Germany to DMM staying two months without it...

• Then ask him or ask DMM to send you a replacement. Maybe try a phone call.

Usually the DMM support is really good and flexible in those cases.

so long
    m0rphU

• With me they weren't so flexible... :frowning_face:
    About phone call, I don't know german language and my spoken english is not so fluent.

• I received a new fan from DMM (thanks very much).

Together with the fan there are 4 plastic screws, while in my dm800se the fan is blocked with 4 metallic screws.

Must I use the metallic screws or the plastic ones?

Thanks

Edit: the fan can only be fixed with the metallic screws...

Bye

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von zoltan76 ()

• Hi, I received the new fan and I assembled it. Now I noticed that this fan run slower than the old one. With 3 voltage steps in fan control, the new fan runs at 2100 rpm, while the old fan run at 2500 rpm. The minimum speed of the new fan ia about 1600 rpm while the minimum speed of the old fan was about 1800 rpm. What does this mean?

Thanks

• Hi Guys, sorry to hijack your thread.
    But can somebody teach me how to start a new thread.
    I just cant see how to do it
    Cheerz Oddjob

• If you want to start a new thread in this section just go to the english hardware main page and theres a New Thread tab at the top right hand side to click on.
    Same for any other place you want to start a thread just go to the main page for that particular subject.

DM 8000 Beta Tester