AC3+ issue running for over 1 year.. still nothing from DMM..

• Title says it all... DMM is clearly fooling us and don't give a shit to this issue.. I have contacts at Braodcom and they are absolutly NOT working on this issue nor negociating some license as they tried to made us believe.

I guess this post will be deleted quickly anyway... that's DMM rulez....

Zitat

Monday, August 31st 2009, 3:07pm

Ok, I'll repost tmbincs posting which states the current situation here again and then I'm going to close this thread.
    We know about the concern and we'd like new readers to find the statement here without having the same postings over and over again.

• Can we at least have some news about this problem ?
    That seems to be more than a simple license issue , no ?
    Or may be nobody take care about this question ?

More than 18 months, and no news : It's a shame

-------------------------------------------------------
    DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• Hi,

Please, explain to us the real problem !

Is there any chance to have one day this AC3+ on ours DMM or not ? It's not difficult to tell us yes or no...

Best regards !

• Yes pleaaaaasee !!!!!
    I am waiting this issue being resolved since more than one year to buy a DM8000.
    SDK of used broacom chip support ac3+. This explain our misunderstanding of this situation.
    Is it because the broadcom firmware development four your boxes was done by subcontracting it to another company and that ac3+ addition does not fit your third party software maintenance contract with your subcontractor ?
    I think you underestimate the sale loss of your HD boxes because of this mis feature.

Please don't leave us in the dark.

• Good luck, but don't forget that AC3+ is not an official feature of the dreambox! Did you see it in any of the product-description when you bought it or did DMM say anywhere else that AC3+ is an official feature of your dreambox? I don't think so ... if I buy a satelite receiver (no matter from which company) without AC3+ Support ... then I have to live with the fact that it does not offer AC3+ Support. If I want AC3+, then I buy a product with AC3+ support.

For sure it would be nice if DMM can include that "CRAP" one day, but they don't have to and you don't have any rights to force them to add this feature ... it's not an official feature of Dreambox and never was ... just look at product-info pages and description ... I can't see anywhere that the box will offer AC3+ Support now or in the future.

You bought a product without AC3+ Support ... now deal with it! My TV also does not have AC3 Support ... can I also go to your "Society for the Protection of Consumer Rights" now and complain there because my TV Company does not add AC3 Support for my TV ??

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Stop shiting please.
    AC3+ was added very late to all DVB standards. When DM8000 goes to the market, there was no program broadcast using ac3+ and a lots of HD products not implementing it. All were cured by a firmware update.
    Let's try to find a HD product going now to the market not supporting "on air" AC3+ streams, there is none. Try to sell HD TV without AC3+ support in France, it is not the "Society for the Protection of Consumer Rights" which will kick out out but you will be forced to get you product out of the market, but for sure, standalone TV demodulators are another thing, but I could not call "sound support" a feature or perhaps for my deaf grand mother.
    There is not know technical reason for not supporting AC3+ decoding on DMM demodulators. If there is one let us know and we will go away, if it is another one like "we don't want your money, we don't care about you and other European AC3+ TV program watchers and will never care" fine, but let us clearly and loudly know and we will go away too.
    DMM products are great and we would like to buy them even if they are pretty expensive but with AC3+ support. If many of us are disappointed and a bit aggressive, take that as a compliment : "la rançon du succès".