New software installation problem

• Hi All,

I have just bought a Dreambox dm 500 hd.

I needed to install the latest firmware again to my box.

1- I downloaded dreamup application and the firmware.
    2- I could not find the driver from this web-site but windows vista took me to the driver vendor's website. I installed it from there.
    3- I followed all instructions as described in this web-site.
    4- I selected the firmware file and clicked on the FLASH button.

But I got below message...

10:24:40 PM Calculating checksum...
    10:24:42 PM Got wrong response from box: HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Server: yahd v1.0

*** SERIAL MODE ***
    entering serial loop...

What can be the reason for this error message?

• Hi Again,

I have solved the issue with different way.

FIRST
    I never managed to install the firmware from dreamup "serial http connection".
    Although I managed to upload the firmware in to box, I never got the "successfully completed" message.
    After 6 hours tries, I gave up.

THEN
    I connected the box to the LAN.
    I also connected the box to the laptop from USB.
    I opened dreamup and connected the box to laptop by selecting my COM port and by enabling LAN use with proper IP addresses. "internet http connection"
    I opened IE 8.0 and typed the ip address of the box.
    I followed the instructions as described in this web site.
    And I finished the complete installation in 3 minutes.

I hope I explained what I did properly.

• Moin,

forget dreamup!! Use your browser!

First you have to find out what ip is in use. (Dreambox must be connected to your home network)
    Switch off the DM500 HD (at the backside) push the front botton and keep it pressed. Switch on the Dreambox (backside switch).
    Start your browser and type the Dreambox ip + enter.

Sellect your firmware (xxx.nfi) und start your update.
    DM500 HD flashing firmware by browser

That´s it.

Bye

Jürgen

****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    DM8000ssss / DM500HDs / Opticum HD 9600 / DM 800HDs
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************

• serdarkurum:
    Thanks for that. I had flashed the box using the browser method (as per Dm600 by holding down the switch while applying power) with an image that did not want to run. Thereafter the browser flash did not work, but the dreamup method did work.
    As a matter of interest: When I plugged the USB cable into the USB socket and into the PC USB, XP automatically installed drivers for a composite device and the DM500HD was recognised. It doesn't use a serial cable, but installs drivers that emulate a COM port.

• Hi,

that DM500HD mini USB port is nothing else than a RS232 serial port (USB to RS232) and work´s like that. ( well known com port )

I think that DMM changed the layout cause you will not find a newer PC/ mainboard with RS232 COM port but all of them offer USB.

Bye

Jürgen

DM8000ssss / DM500HDs / Opticum HD 9600 / DM 800HDs

• So now with DM 500HD, unlike DM 800HD, isn't possible to conect through usb a flash drive or a usb wireless lan pen?
    I saw a rear panel photo of DM 500HD and there's only the mini-usb port.

Thanks in advance

• I had the same error but now I found the solution.

All you need to do is connect a Network Cable that is attached to your network to the Dreambox 500HD while using DreamUP v1.3.3.7.

• I had the same error but now I found the solution.

All you need to do is connect a Network Cable that is attached to your network to the Dreambox 500HD while using DreamUP v1.3.3.7.

...or you use the only-serial-cable mode. :winking_face:

Greetz,
    Mr. P