800 wireless n

• I know actually wireless n is not supported
    But it would be great especially on HD models (i have a DM800 with a ralink rt2870) since transferring a movie (and especially a HD one) to pc will take a large amount of time
    Any plan to support it in future?
    I know that ralink has linux drivers that should work quite well

• I know actually wireless n is not supported
    But it would be great especially on HD models (i have a DM800 with a ralink rt2870) since transferring a movie (and especially a HD one) to pc will take a large amount of time
    Any plan to support it in future?
    I know that ralink has linux drivers that should work quite well

Or anybody here in the forum can compile ralink rt2870 drivers ?
    Thanks

• Take it here Tested long time ago and working. One problem - you cant configure wireless by GUI...Need edit RT2870STA.dat.

Unpack ZIP
    Install rt2870sta.tar.gz
    Create directory /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
    Copy RT2870STA.dat to /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA and configure it (learn README_STA)
    modprobe rt2870sta
    Be happy;)

• Many thanks but... i need some more help
    I have[Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] and from install menu can only choose ipk and nab packages
    how do i install a tar.gz?
    can i install it manually from telnet?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• I'm quite near
    Installed and configured everything and now wlan is seen
    One question: do i have to set wlan plugin options?
    When i try to do that, setting my SSID and a static IP, and apply the configuration, enigma crashes and loose all my settings

That's what i get in crashlog

WLAN-MODULE None
    setting for adapter ra0 attribute configStrings to value None
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 179, in processDelay
    callback(*retval)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/NetworkSetup.py", line 608, in applyConfig
    self.ws.writeConfig()
    AttributeError: 'AdapterSetup' object has no attribute 'ws'

Any idea?

• I'm quite near
    Installed and configured everything and now wlan is seen
    One question: do i have to set wlan plugin options?
    When i try to do that, setting my SSID and a static IP, and apply the configuration, enigma crashes and loose all my settings

I'm afraid you simply can't, as far as "enigma®" said that you can't configure it by GUI.
    Set SSID manually changing it into RT2870STA.dat and leave DHCP on :winking_face:

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

• I changed manually RT2870STA.dat
    But i guess in some way i have to tell to dream to use wlan instead of ethernet connection
    If i don't configure anything but the dat file, wlan in not checked in wlan plugin and seems not active

I'm afraid you simply can't, as far as "enigma®" said that you can't configure it by GUI.
    Set SSID manually changing it into RT2870STA.dat and leave DHCP on :winking_face:

• @ste71m

What model of usb wifi stick do you use ? i tried this one on a linksys wusb600n and it did not work.

If you use this command "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices"

What does it say (the part about usb wifi...)
    it should look like this

• I have a dlink dwa-140
    After trying for 1 week i gave up
    can't tell what i"cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" says. Just installed a new image and dind't even try to use these drivers

• Here's my cat /proc/bus/usb/devicesoutput
    But when i try iwconfigthe card is not seen
    T: Bus = 01 Lev = 01 Prnt = 01 Port = 01 Cnt = 02 Dev # = 4 Spd = 480 MxCh = 0
    D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1P: Vendor=07d1 ProdID=3c09 Rev= 1.01S: Manufacturer=Ralink S: Manufacturer = Ralink
    S: Product=802.11 n WLANS: SerialNumber=1.0 S: serialNumber = 1.0
    C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=450mAI: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 7 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=rt2870 I: If # = 0 Alt = 0 # EPs = 7 Cls = ff (vend.) Sub = ff Prot = ff Driver = rt2870
    E: Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0msE: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0msE: Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0msE: Ad=03(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0msE: Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0msE: Ad=05(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0msE: Ad=06(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms

• Mine is exactly the same
    But drivers poste by Enigma seem not to work
    iwconfig says
    eth0 no wireless extensions.
    lo no wireless extensions.

If you use this command "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices"

What does it say (the part about usb wifi...)
    it should look like this

• Update: after installing drivers manually (copyng them into the folders) and rebooting dwa-140 works with drivers posted by enigma

Mine is exactly the same
    But drivers poste by Enigma seem not to work
    iwconfig says
    eth0 no wireless extensions.
    lo no wireless extensions.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ste71m ()

• sorry not at home at the moment... (will get back with more detail later)

No, i'm using a linksys wusb600n.

ps here are my iwconfig

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gmack ()

• Thanks for informations
    Anyway now it's working with drivers posted by enigma
    But performance is quite poor (i have only 800 kb/s) so i will come back to my previous wireless client that with its external antenna reach 1.5 Mb/s
    Hoped that wireless n could increase transfer rate
    Can you tell me which transfer rate you reach when saving a file?
    Thanks

sorry not at home at the moment... (will get back with more detail later)

No, i'm using a linksys wusb600n.

ps here are my iwconfig

• I've tested the transfer speed.

Got 1.1-1.3 Mb/s on upload/download with G , when i use mixed mode G/N without making any changes to the config other than g/N mixed.
    then i reached 2.2 - 2.5 Mbs at peek.

/Gmack

• Well guess you are closer than me to the signal, i can't reach 1 mbs in n mode
    Thanks

I've tested the transfer speed.

Got 1.1-1.3 Mb/s on upload/download with G , when i use mixed mode G/N without making any changes to the config other than g/N mixed.
    then i reached 2.2 - 2.5 Mbs at peek.

/Gmack

• well i have about 5 m between router and the dm800, no walls. because it's a test setup

Here are the drivers, should work with following device id's

Hope this will help someone :smiling_face: