SDTV image quality DM8000 little bit dissapointing

• I have the 8000 since a couple of weeks and compared the image quality with
    some other receivers. HD is top notch but i think SD over HDMI is not on par with the very best: the
    SD image of the 8000 is a little bit less sharp than for example a Philips 8111. Looks like some unwanted
    filtering or overly done de-interlacing is going on. The image is very smooth but at the cost of some sharpness/definition.

I have ofcourse tried other cables and also the autoresolution plug-in, but this won't get the 8000
    on top with SD.

Any comments? Anyone else the same experience?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Apple740 ()

• you won't get a good SD picture on a HD Screen unless the mapping doesn't work!

and that is the point! all manufactures do have the same problem :winking_face:

__..: <es erfreut den [A]ssembler, wenn der [C]'oder ab'rechen sollte>:..__
    ------------------------...Widerstand..ist..Zwecklos...---------------------------

• you won't get a good SD picture on a HD Screen unless the mapping doesn't work!

and that is the point! all manufactures do have the same problem :winking_face:

I'm comparing the SD image quality of multiple HD receivers on one television (Pioneer KRP500-M plasma). :winking_face:

I'm not trying to discuss if SD an sich is good or not.

My point is that some receivers produce a sharper SD image than the 8000 with the same source/same televsion.

• ah , okay, playing with a Plasma is another thing. urE right!

__..: <es erfreut den [A]ssembler, wenn der [C]'oder ab'rechen sollte>:..__
    ------------------------...Widerstand..ist..Zwecklos...---------------------------

• Mmm, i was using tuner B so far for all the testing. This evening i switched the coax cable to tuner A (i don't have twin lnb's yet)
    and now the SD image is better. :smiling_face: