Parental Lock

• I posted this request in the English section before.

I am re-posting here hoping that Dream Multimedia moderators or programmers will comment.

The DM-800 Parental Lock is inadequate.

I request the ability to lock the whole setup menu, and the ability to hide locked channels as on Enigma 1.

Thanks

• Does that means that you want to give the code and if the code is correct then the hidden channel list is activated? Else the channel list is not visible?

Is should also hide the protected channels form the All the channel lists so that they are not visible at all. Everything become visible if the parental control code is entered.

In short, the parental control should be implemented as an operation mode, hiding all protected contents. :thumbs_up:

• The DM-800 Parental Lock is inadequate.

I request the ability to lock the whole setup menu, and the ability to hide locked channels as on Enigma 1.

:thumbs_up:

• +1 I totaly agree that this is much needed and essential feature, long overdue.

Why does Dreambox assume that the higher end Enigma2 Dreambox owners don't have have children or family? Oh yes technically you do have a Parental lock - more like Don't touch lock. It's possible to lock channels while blatantly displaying the purely Mature rated channel and programme names. Does Dreambox have a sensible explanation for this other than "open source will take care of itself according to it's needs"?

When I upgraded from the DM-500 to a model called DM-800 I have some minimum expectations in mind and this is lack of "Hide Locked Services" option is just unacceptable. Your silent and laid-back attitude to us customers in this situation is disrespectful. When are are you going to implement such an elementary feature like this?

• I have emailed Dreambox Multimedia because I just can't use this kind of satellite receiver in my Living room!! Let's see what the Engineers and Product deisgners have to say about their flagship product.

================================================================================================
    Dear "Whoever is responsible for this"

Please remember: If you don't think you can do anything about what I'm going to complain to you about, then please forward this to your most immediate superior employee at Dreambox Multimedia.

I want to complain about the lack of "Hide locked service" in my DM-800. This was there in the DM-500. A more expensive and higher-end model, how can u call it a PROGRESS? I am not some programmer - I'm just a regular person who has a TV at home.

There is a forum thread of 2 years requesting this feature. I thought you guys were working on it. Why does Dreambox assume that the higher end Enigma2 Dreambox owners don't have have children or family? Technically you do have a Parental lock - more like Don't Touch lock. It's possible to lock channels while blatantly displaying the purely Mature rated channel and programme names. Does Dreambox have a sensible explanation for this other than "open source will take care of itself according to it's needs"?

When I upgraded from the DM-500 to a model called DM-800 I have some minimum expectations in mind and this is lack of "Hide Locked Services" option is just unacceptable. Your silent and laid-back attitude to us customers in this situation is disrespectful. When are are you going to implement such an elementary feature like this?

Please forward this to your superior if your answer is NO.
    XXXX

====================================================================================================================

• I still haven't heard from Dreambox Multimedia after emailing them. Truly disappointing I cannot place Dreambox HD 800 in family living room.

• Have you tried the Conten Blocker Plugin - pretty simple AND efficient ?

You simply add bad words to /etc/enigma2/blockedcontent (example is included)

This can be (part of) channel names (parts of) filenames and directories, words in EPG, ...

And the setup for this plugin is where all the other enigma2 setup ist done

Have fun

• I installed the extension; it only adds a boolean-variable blocking to the existing parental control. It does not satisfy the need to...HIDE service. That's the key word. DM500 had it.
    Thankyou for your contribution, I will use it until a more suitable solution exists.

PS: is there a place/way to request a ticket which may be fulfilled (eventually) ? Isn't that the way open source works..

• The way how open Source works ist that YOU implement what you want.

I personally use Multibooting to protect and hide everything. My Flash image doesn't even have the needed Sattelites or encryption.

Barry Allen Multibooting offes a simple and 100% efficient way to protect your adult images from booting without knowing the PIN.

And HIDING things nowadays from children ist practically impossible if it takes them only a single click in a webbrowser to state that they are 18 years old.

Contentblocker does not only block channesl, it also blocks recordings and any broadcast which contains bad words in its EPG description.

But is blocks the Viewing and doesn't hide at all. Hiding channels is actually pretty inefficient with the XXX channels changing their names so often.

As long as a child can see wrestling fights on FTA channels normally way of beeing adult ones, then the 10 year old Parental protection that you are requesting is also poor and inefficient.

Ciao
    gutemine

• Does *anyone* have *any* working solution for HIDING locked services in Enigma 2 (E2) images??

I find this extremely annoying and frustrating and can't believe that this very important functionality has been removed.

So much that if I don't find a solution soon, I will throw out my box and never look back.