• Some similar questions were formulated in the past, but throught them i was not able to understand what could be the DMM position on the matter.
    So I'm asking again:
    Is there any plan to intruduce official UNICABLE support into Dreambox CVS (at least enigma2)?
    If no, could I know why?
    And if yes (as I hope... ;)), are they still "on the paper" or alredy processing?
    On my opinion it would be a very important growing for Dreambox equipment.
    And I'm thinking to all the people that has more then one box at home.
    I have four, waiting for the 8000 and only two cables... :frowning_face:

But what other user think about it?

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Spaeleus ()

• Well... no answer.
    But, after all, the worst face is no partecipation: more than 120 visit and no one saying a word... :confused_face:
    Apparently I'm the only one who is interested into this opportunity.
    I really couldn't believe that no people is interested into the possibility of using more than one dream (the standard is four) in a fully indipendent way with just ONE cable from the dish.
    Maybe I'm on the wrong way, but it make me puzzled to see more concernment for a nonsense tool (in my opinion, of course) like a gameboy emulator then into the growing of the main rule for what, basically, is primarily a satellite TV equipment, surely not a playstation...
    But if people want so, OK, let's go that way: no Unicable, but all toghether playing gameboy on dreambox... we could also arrange a contest! After all, who cares about TV?

That sadness ....

• i have 2 cables from dish in every room and i think a lot of people have such star cabling from dish cause it's the usual way for a satellite dish.

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• Zitat

Originally posted by OoZooN
    i have 2 cables from dish in every room and i think a lot of people have such star cabling from dish cause it's the usual way for a satellite dish.

Thank you for your answer!
    I'm very glad for you, and also a little envious :winking_face: but I'm not sure that so many people is so luky to have such a star cabling...
    And surely that kind of configuration is more expensive and complicated then the only replacement of a LNB, and in many houses, mainly in older ones (like mine), even wanting often you don't have available pipes for sat cable (I had to make miracles to have two...).
    Anyway I just would know what people think, so I hope in other answers :smiling_face:
    Thanks again and have a nice day! (here now is raining cats and dogs!)

• Zitat

Original von Spaeleus
    Anyway I just would know what people think, so I hope in other answers :smiling_face:
    Thanks again and have a nice day! (here now is raining cats and dogs!)

Hi,

although I finally managed to have two cables leading to my 7025 in my livingroom,
    I would prefer if DMM would implement the neccessary stuff to handle the unicable
    standard following DIN EN 50494 (it's a special case of DiSEqC).
    This would help me to replace the 7025 with a 8000. Without this unicable solution,
    a 8000 would be no acceptable replacement for the 7025 (it is impossible to have
    four SAT cables leading to the livingroom). And I could imagine that this would be
    true for a number of other people too.
    So you are not the only one hoping for a unicable support implementation from DMM.

Regards

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• I agree with you, thinking that this oportunity could be very interesting for many people.
    Maybe not in Germany, where clearly are far ahead, but dreambox are used anywhere in the world, and I think that not everywhere with IF-IF equipment.
    But I begin to be afraid we could be wrong: no one posting a comment...
    So only two chances:
    1) Me and you (and adenin: but he makes no text, as he's "self-sufficing") are the only people interested into this stuff
    2) People do not know what we are speaking of: it would seems strange to me, but...
    Anyway, hope is the last to die...
    Have a nice day!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Spaeleus ()

• Guys,

I am going to implement the one cable option for my sky + box but not for the dream.

There are however cables for sale that are the so called 4 in 1 version.

KH 10-100

I cannot tell you if it is good or bad, but from experience I have not seen big differences between double shielded, single shielded options.

preferable the cable you use has a big enough copper core that does not bend straight away when you try to screw the cable onto the receiver or LNB.

However this 1 in 4 solution could be what you are looking for.

I cannot post any links to suppliers but I am sure you can find some when using google and type KH 10-100.

Good luck.

Dreambox 7080 HD S/S/S/S

T90 (5W,4.8E,13E,19.2E,23.5E,28.2E)
    3 x Spaun SAR 411 WSG
    Canaldigitaal(HD) , BSKYB(HD)
    Language: english, german, dutch, luxembourgish, french

"Wer Lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil