AC3 decode to RCA analog output

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type:DM500C
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2):enigma1
    Firmware version:

Please, my provider transmits only AC3 audio on some channels (a lot). But i don't have a digital receiver. Are there anyways i can make the DM500C decode the AC3 audio and output it to the analog RCA jacks ? Or are there any AC3 decoder boards for sale ?

I mean, i can install an AC3 decoder on my pc and watch divx video with ac3 audio, why can't this be done on DM500C ???? Is it possible to implement it on the current images ?

Here's an example of 1 channel that have only AC3 audio

Speed SID 97 (0x0061)

dvbsnoop -nph -n 1 0x00

dvbsnoop -nph -n 15 0x0024

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von superchipper ()

• As far as I know, you have two choices.

1. Buy a av-Receiver

2. Buy a DM800

Anything else won't work.

And please stop posting all your questions in 2 Threads. That doesn't help you at all.

cu

floh

• superchipper

what you also can do is to stream to pc (via web interface) or if you use enigma1, there are a few programs to stream to pc, using a soundcard which can decode ac3 stream with drivers or have analogue outputs (most of the board audio have 3 output plugs with R/L/C/SW/SR/SL and some also SBR/SBL (7.1).
    Connecting PC loudspeakers to that plugs. To have the codecs, it is normally enought to install a demo version of PowerDVD or WinDVD, codecs stay on HD, still when test version does not work any longer...

Setting the sound card to "2 loudspeakers" should normally do the job, when you do not have more than 2 loudspeaker or 5.1/7.1 analogue outputs...

But no warranty !

---
    Gruß aus Franken
    Peter

[size=10]DM500HD(S2), 1 x Rotor USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM8000S2x4, 3 x DiseqC 1.0 mit 13,19,23 und 28 Ost mit Technisat Multi 90 cm, 1 x Rotor HH-100 Stab USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM 7080 aktuell Multischalter DiseqC 13,19,23,28

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von peter999 ()

• Ok, thank's for the replies.

In fact the computer streaming idea is not good for me, cause i want to watch tv on my tv room, and i don't have a computer there.

Buying a dm800 is not worth neither as i don't have HDTV here and don't need the other functions of the dm800, the dm500c is great for me, except for the AC3 bug.

So now i have to look for an AC3 to ANALOG converter board, to put inside the DM500C, that's going to be the best way i can figure in my case.

Do you know about any projects, or anyone that have done one project like that ?

Its just a digital to analogic converter, that goes before the optical system on the dm500c.

And by the way, the AC3 audio is not delivered on the SCART output neither right ? Only on the optical digital connector ?

Thank's

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von superchipper ()

• the dm800 downmix's ac3 to the rca cables if you want, it has the hardware todo so, other dreambox's dont.

there are some cheap ac3 headphones floating around the internet, yes I know, its a stupid idea, probably why they sell for like $15. it wouldnt be hard to take those and make a phono jack output, $15 and a little soldering and you got your hardware demixer.

• Zitat

Originally posted by updatelee
    there are some cheap ac3 headphones floating around the internet, yes I know, its a stupid idea, probably why they sell for like $15. it wouldnt be hard to take those and make a phono jack output, $15 and a little soldering and you got your hardware demixer.

That would be great, but , where can i buy these headphones ?