automatische Formatumschaltung SD/HD Auflösung beim Zappen ?

• New Version will come with progressive detection. Today Ghost has commited some necessary things for that.
    But at the moment it didnt work , because i am stupid or Ghost has commited some strange things. :grinning_squinting_face: :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nightmann ()

• hi Rednax,

with the autores 0.5 my samsung plasma cannot show SD channels anymore because your plugin always takes 576 i (which is normally correct)

but samsung lcd/plasma tv cannot show 576i over hdmi port !
    only 576 p is working with it, how can we change the autores from 576i to 576p :confused_face:

• Hi,

Someone over at another forum had the same question, so i'll give the same answer :winking_face:

# DM800 auto resolution change by RedNax
    # Just start this script to run in background
    # v0.1 initial version
    # v0.2 only set outut resolution on change
    # v0.3 compare actual output with streamresolution
    # v0.4 redid all the code. more compact. Also checks progressiveness
    # v0.5 added backward compatibility for older images (ie no progressive 'file')
    # v.05b custom version

while [ 1 ]
    do

ress=`printf "%d" 0x\`cat /proc/stb/vmpeg/0/yres\``

case $ress in
    720) ress=720p ;;
    576) ress=576p ;;
    1080) ress=1080i50 ;;
    *) ress=${ress}i ;;
    esac

if [ "`cat /proc/stb/video/videomode`" != "$ress" ]
    then
    echo $ress > /proc/stb/video/videomode
    sleep 4
    fi

sleep 1s
    done

Enjoy!

• i have copied into autores.sh exactly how you posted but it shows no reaction !

can you upload ready file again ? :smiling_face:

• Ok got the script working. Now the signal changes

However something is not working correctly... It still outputs a 16:9 signal eventhough the channel is broadcasting 4:3.
    This is easily seen by the black pillars on each side which the Dreambox inserts (would normally be grey and changeable in the TV's menu)
    This means that the image is shrinked horizontally for 4:3 content, plus it is not possible to zoom letterboxed 4:3 broadcasts by the aspect ratio button on the TV. It also means that the plasma will age quicker if a lot of 4:3 content is viewed as the grey color evens out the aging compared to the black pillar color.

Can this be fixed in the script? Thanks