DMM-Keyboard und Taste "5"

• Hallo,

ich nutze für mein DMM7025 die DMM-Tastatur, bn sehr zufrieden damit.
    Allerdings ist mr gestern aufgefallen, daß wenn man im Timer-Menü drin ist, für Anfangs- und Endzeit die Taste "5" nicht nutzen kann.
    z.B. wollte ich einstellen, 21:50 Uhr bis 22:55.

Alle anderen Nummer-Tasten funktionieren im Timer-Menü.
    Und auch die Taste "5" funktioniert außerhalb des Timer-Menüs einwandfrei, nur eben im Timer-menü nicht.

Kann das jemand bestätigen?
    ich habe ein aktuelles CVS-Image.

gruß
    edogak

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von edogak2000 ()

• Kann ich auch bestätigen.
    Aber nicht nur im Timermenue auch beim Fritzboxplugin und diversen plugins wo man eingaben machen kann.

• This is since long known, and a fix to the C code has been submitted, but it is not applied yet by unknown reason.

For those of you who can recompile enigma2 yourselves, look here.

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• This is the story (from my perspective) :

On the DMM keyboard there are a few function keys that return the same ascii codes as legitimate ascii keys. One of them (the most often used one) is Mute which generates 0x35 = the ascii code of '5'. Whoever blocked it probably didn't think of that it would block '5' as well.

I do not know about 0x7E, I have not found the key generating it.

The fix to this bug has the adverse effect that now pressing Mute on the keyboard in a text editing context, both inserts a "5", and then deletes forward which is the function Mute is bound to. Mute on the remote control works without problems though. And there is no need to press Mute on the keyboard for deleting, since there are both a Delete and Backspace key readily available on the keyboard. Not being able to write '5' at all is therefore a far more serious problem than Mute generating a spurious '5'.

I think that tmbinc wanted to make a more principled solution involving the driver instead. (I guess it means to prevent the driver from generating ascii codes at all for function keys.) However, any solution in the driver would also require the blocking of the key 0x35 to be removed, as in the fix. By applying the fix now, the keyboard will be fully functional immediately, and tmbinc can think of the principal solution in due time.

So thanks for applying it!

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you for the explanation!

This seems to be a problem of the keymap used by the console layer, because mute and 5 definitely don't share key codes (mute: 0x44, mapped to KEY_MUTE, 5: 0x5a, mapped to KEY_5) in the input driver. This can be seen by reading from the input device directly using e.g. the evtest program. However, enigma2 uses the console layer to use the keyboard, which in turn uses the input driver internally and translates with the help of a key map.

Regards,
    obi