Turn off 'Now' / 'Next' EPG from DVB Stream

• Ambrosa has written a python routine (e2_loadepg.py) that successfully converts SKY Italy XMLTV data to the E2 epg.dat format. :smiling_face: I have adapted this routine to convert OzTivo (Australia) XMLTV data ... so I now have my DM7025 starting to work almost as intended. :smiling_face:

PROBLEM: Several of the channels on the Aurora (OPTUS C1 156E) service have non programme specific info instead of programme data which is displayed as 'now' and 'next' programmes. For example the channel named 'SBS WA' shows 'SBS National Television' with a duration of 1440 minutes as the 'now' programme and the 'next' programme contains the same description! So these two programmes obiterate two whole days of the detailed programme data downloaded and imported into epg.dat.

I would like to be able to disable the display of any of this DVB 'now' / 'next' data in favour of displaying the data available from the downloads.

This might be a simple option to provide within Enigma2 (just turning something off)?

Or maybe it is something I should be able to do with some hint from knowledgeable ones? (though I'm not a programmer...)

Any advice on this issue would be appreciated.

regards

• I am facing the same prolem. My cable provider has a lot of channels which have now/next data with ech 24 hours. So when I use the epgcache the first to days are overwritten by these events.

Maybe it is possible not to disable now/next but just get now/next when there is no data in the cache? Can anyone please point me in a direction where to look for in the source?

• I am facing the same prolem. My cable provider has a lot of channels which have now/next data with ech 24 hours. So when I use the epgcache the first to days are overwritten by these events.

Maybe it is possible not to disable now/next but just get now/next when there is no data in the cache? Can anyone please point me in a direction where to look for in the source?

Sure take a look at the function eEPGCache::channel_data::startEPG in the file lib/dvb/epgcache.cpp.

If you comment this lines you should disable the nownext epg.

mask.data[0] = 0x4E;
    mask.mask[0] = 0xFE;
    m_NowNextReader->connectRead(slot(*this, &eEPGCache::channel_data::readData), m_NowNextConn);
    m_NowNextReader->start(mask);
    isRunning |= NOWNEXT;

--
    cipher
    EPG Evolution