Motorized setup

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: DB7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): enigma2
    Firmware version: latest

your question: Does anybody have a QPH-031 LNB going through a DISEqC switch and through a SG2100 motor down to the receiver? How did you setup your DB? I have tried every avaialble option there and none of them gets the motor to work. I have other rcvrs here that zip from sat to sat and track them fine. So, I am sure the motor is working and tracks the belt fine. But what is the trick to get the DB to understand the setup?

The motorized setup interface needs some serious revamping. It is not logical at all!?!?

In one place under the simple setup, when you switch the diseqc mode to positioner, which I am guessing is referring to a motor, it asks for lat and long values. in my case, my long. is 121 which needs three digits before the decimal mark. DB by default has only 2 digits there and there is no way to edit the value and move the decimal to the third digit !?!?!? so my long comes as 12.1 instead of 121????
    I thought that this device was built to be used globaly?!?!?!?!?

• Connect to your box via ftp

edit the

/etc/enigma2/config

there you can find something like this:

Code
    config.NimA.latitude=51.500
    config.NimA.longitude=02.800

Edit it to your settings.

Then upload the edited config to your box

dont´t reboot the box

telnet to your box and makes this over telnet

Code
    killall enigma2

after a short time enigma2 starts again and you will hopely can use your motor. i think that schould work but i don´t be sure. But don´t go to the tuner-setup. i think that can destroy your settings.

• jenscz,

Thank you. I'll do this tonite.
    So, are you suggesting that I use USLAS instead of the DISeqC? If yes, how do I specify whioch satellites for the DB to scan. I have seen a multi satellite setup, but then I'd need to go to the tuner setup and you are saying that it will destroy my previous setup, correct?

• Yes, you have to go to the tuner setup and have to chose USALS. Than set your lat and long. In this setup you have to chose not your right lat because you cant enter more than 2 digits. You have to enter 12,1.

After this restart the box with your remote controller. So the settings are stored in the config-file

After the box is up you can make the changes that i told you in my last post.

Now you can scan any sat you want inn the multisearch.