Satellite configuration problem with Astra/Hotbird: Please Help!

• Hello!

I'm trying to configure my new DreamBox 7020 with my satellite antenna in order to receive both Astra (19°2) and Hotbird (13°). However, I cannot find the correct setting so that both Astra and Hotbird signals can be locked and synchronized in the same time!

I've been able to scan services on both satellites but frequently, when I zap to a service that hat been previously found, I receive the message 'Service not Found'. If I zap to other services and go back to the previous one, it can work again or not, I don't know why!

I've tried many configurations but the best I can achieve is always the same, if I go the the menu 'Setup/Satellite Configuration/Satfind', the box always can synch and lock to one satellite at a time but to the other!

I have a standard antenna that has been installed by a profesionnal one year ago. It has a double-head 19°2 / 13° for Astra and Hotbird. Between the antenna and the TV plugs where is connected my DreamBox, there is a Multiswitch Spaun SMS 9401 NF with 9 entries and 4 outputs, each output beeing connected to a TV plug in my house.

This system is working perfectly with 2 standard satellite receivers Humax IRCI-5400Z.

I tried with the DreamBox standard image, and also with a DreamBox 7025 but the problem is always the same...

How can I configure my DreamBox with my installation that seems standard?

Thank you in advance

• Hi there

First of all make sure that you did not interchange (cross) the LNB for Astra with the LNB for Hotbird. If you are looking away from the antenna the Astra LNB is the right one... The left one (Hotbird) is the first which you have to adjust. In the menue "satconfiguration" you have to setup DiSEqC AA for Astra 19.2E, DiSEqC AB for Hotbird 13.0E. After that, you have to search the channels with "Multisat". Thats the procedure which I was successfull with...

cheers, etternet

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von etternet ()

• Hello,

I don't think LNBs for Astra and Hotbird are interchanged, my satellite installation works perfectly with my Humax receiver.

I will try the settings you have but I think it's one of the settings I already tried without success!

Do you also have a multiswitch like the one I have?

Thank you in advance...

• I use a multiswitch with 4 entries and two outputs.. did you trie to reset the box (factoryreset) and start with the setup from scratch? by the way, which image do you use?

• I tried to disconnect the multiswitch from the electrical plug but the result is the same.

I also tried with the Gemini 2.70 image, with the official DM-7020 image and with the Hydra image. In all cases, same problem!

I also tried with a DM-7025 and ... guess what? ... same problem!

• Hi, your antenna is using a monoblock LNB (6.2 degrees separation) and you are aligned to Astra/Hotbird.
    This is also the same configuration as my antenna.

Heres how to solve it:-
    You should be able to scan one satellite without errors, in my case this was Astra at 19E.
    When you try to scan hotbird you will probably find the signal is too weak to lock and you get BER errors.
    I'm using a DB7020 wih Gemini 2.7 image these instructions are for gemini:

Go to setup, service searching, manual transponder scan.
    At this screen you may find (as I did) that the agc signal is weak and not locked and you have BER errors.
    Find a list of frequencies, i.e. google + lyngsat and then manually input a frequency , polarity and symbol rate. Once this has been entered press start scan, it should find some channels, repeat this process on another frequency and scan a few channels.
    Then return to service searching and hopefully you should be able to do an automatic transponder scan.

I think that the satellite configuration starts at one end of the band where there is a weak or no signal and hence automatic transponder scan fails; manually inputting a few channels should correct this.
    Hope that helps.

• Thank you for your help!

At first, I'm not very sure if I have a monoblock antenna or not, I did not install it. I only know that I have one antenna for both satellites and 8 cables coming out of the antenna to my multiswitch.

Actually, the symptoms I have are quite similar to yours (BER in some situations), but the real problem is that, in some situations, for an unknown reason, the DM-7020 cannot find anymore a channel that it scanned before, displaying the message 'Service not Found'.

Sometimes, it's for an Astra channel, sometimes, it's for an Hotbird channel. When this message is displayed for an Astra channel, if I go to the 'Satfind' menu and look at the signal for Astra, I have BER and the signal cannot be locked. When the message is displayed for an Hotbird channel, in the 'Satfind' menu for Hotbird, I have BER and the signal cannot be locked.

This problem seems to appear only when I zap between channels. Once I can see a channel, if I don't change to another channel, it seems it can be locked indefinitely.

I don't know a lot about satellite antennas but I guess this is linked to a problem in the commands that are sent by the box to the antenna when swithching channels (polarity change, satellite chang, etc). For example, if I'm switching from channel A that I can see perfectly to channel B and then go back to channel A, channel A may not be found anymore so I guess that the antenna did not switch correctly to the configuration that is necessary to lock on channel A.

If I want to see a channel for which the message 'Service not Found' is currently displayed, I need to turn off the box and back on. Rebooting Enigma is not always enough. I also know that turning off the satellite receiver put the multiswitch in standby. So, may be, when restarting, the first command sent by the DreamBox is correctly interpeted by the multiswitch but not all the following ones...

So the question is what's wrong in my system, the DreamBox configuration or the Antenna or the multiswitch configuration ore something else?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gedeon ()

• I just purchased a 725 and I am experiencing same problem.

Configuration Mode: Simple

DiSEqC: A/B/C/D

With the dish pointing to the respective satellites, it does not find any service.

I am sure that the satellites are present because I am able to receive signal/services with other receiver.

Even with a LNB direct connection it does not lock on the satellites. I am sure that there is some signal present because when I use the Sat Finder Plugin SNR, AGC, and BER have a value. However the "Lock: Not Locked"

I also tried the default satellites list with my big dish, and I have same problem.

Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong, is this a software bug?

Could you please advice?

• Honestly sleaking I got crazy for two weeks with this issue.

I used to have a Humax IRCI 5400 and it worked perfect, then I thought of upgrading to the DM 7025 and since then all shit happened with looking for channels. Since yesterday I solved the problem, finally.

I have two LNBs, for Astra and Hotbird connected over a Diseqc (1.1) 2-1 switch to my dreambox. Tuner B is connected through tuner A.

First issue I had was that in the assignment of the sattelites I had put Astra as port A and Hotbird on port B. The outcome was that the Dreambox would find around 1700 channels but after zapping would then not be able to tune in, especially when changeing between satellites. Only a reboot would give me a picture again. 7 days later I changed the assignment and I now had 3.300 channels.

This did not change the fact, that then I could watch hotbird perfectly, but Astra was a no-go with high BER values unable to lock. Countless calls to the support hotline and also a change of the box I was going crazy. I had tried all the advanced settings they had told me to try but nothing happened. I had changed the tuners just to make sure it was not the one and finally also bought a new Diseqc switch.

Oddly enough, when I changed the DIseqc, I could then get Astra perfectly but not hotbird, when I put in my old DIseqc for a test same thing happened. Then I was sure it was a configuration issue.

I twiggled around with the settings and I think what did it was the menu for the committed Diswqc Command which for Astra was set then to BB and for Hotbird to AA. I also set higher voltage.

Since then it is working fine with the old Diseqc switch.

Still I am dissappointed that an old 6year old Humax worked perfectly and the €700 box was so sensitive on this issue causing me so much trouble and extra costs.

Hope this helps any of you in your quests...

• hi mates

i have same thing
    i got my new Dream 7020s to replace the humax 5400
    i have 4 stas hotbird asta nilesat and hisapa all works perfect on humax
    but here on dreambox same problem as yours i receive only 1/4 amount of the channels i have on humax.!!!!

donno what to do.... i just spent 500EUR :frowning_face:

any HELP PLZ

• yes i see same problem on my Dreambox 7020
    AA- Eutelsat-w3 7
    AB- Turksat 42
    BA- Hotbird 13

sometimes dreambox cannot locked to satellite its very big problem a lot of time ,
    i see last problem upgrade to Gemini 4.3 image
    how can I fix ?
    thanks m8