NEW Dreambox DM800HD PVR

• Dear forum readers,

This is quite sad to admit that when Dreambox announces the release of it's first HDTV(High Definition) satelite receiver(DM800HD PVR), it should be fully equipped with latest technology features. Satisfying all demands of todays consumers on the satelite TV world market.
    When the device misses highly demanded feature(such as HDMI port) it may be rejected by customers who are willing to get all in one. Facing towards other competitive brands who released their hd receivers equipped with HDMI.

Unfortunately, for unknown reasons DreamBox couldn't include it in the outcoming product. It's a great pity!

Has anybody got an information if there will be the release of a HDTV receiver with an HDMI port ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No need for HDMI, there's a DVI port and the box is shipped with a cable DVI->HDMI so that you have full HDMI (with sound) on the other end, just no annoying HDCP.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• I must say that for video and audio there is no problem with DVI, but there
    is not CEC (pin 13) on the DVI connecor.

This means that you cannot use your remote control for the TV to change the dreambox
    chanel etc.

Regards

CEC = Consumer Electronics Control

• I can control my TV with the RC of my dreamboxes! So where is the problem? :winking_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by markus21

I can control my TV with the RC of my dreamboxes! So where is the problem? :winking_face:

Bur CEC is used in order to use the remote control for the TV to change anything in the dreambox