Backing Up current image DM600PVR

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type:DM600PVR
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2):2
    Firmware version:

I received my Box with everything installed.For me to know more about it I need to backup the current image, and create an nfi image. This way if I mess up things I can restore it to the valid image with all the setting.

I tried dreamup but it behaved differently than DM500 After connecting it. It offers ONLY flashing in DM600 but with DM500 with the same program it offers Backup and Restore I do not know why?

All I need is a TESTED instructions to get a backup image of current image in nfi format that I can flash back at a later stage

Needless to say I am a beginner

• search for meachatron's backup script or the Barry Allen Plugin for the DM600 and 7020

• Thank you for your input I did search for mechatron (correct spelling) And google got me quite a response BUT I could not find the script

Can you direct me to a link whereby I can download such an important script that should be in the box from the start !!!

• try with my
    chmod 755 /usr/script/NonSupportedImageOnThisBoard_E1_backup_userscript.sh

as result you will have one backup.tar.gz file with ~all important files and one backup.txt with colected filenames under /tmp/

after new image intallation copy this file to /tmp/ and chose addons->manual install

• This is great .....I will put my sleeves up and delve into it.
    Do appreciate taking the time to respond and one day I will be able (based on your effort) to post something with regard to my experience in implementing it so others can benefit.

Thank you again for a professional response.