The clock on the 7025 shows the wrong time

• DM7025
    GUI enigma2)

Hello,
    I recently bought a 7025. All is fine except for the clock.
    I select my time zone. it shows the right time. but after a while (minutes to hours) the time is not correct. How does the box gets it time reference? from the stations? could it be that some station air the wrong time reference? is there a way to correct this?

Thanks.

• Are you saying that in E1 there is a feature to disable time sync update?
    hmmm.. It is not in this version.
    What is the path for that feature please?

• it usually helps out, if you zap to ZDF, than switch off your dreambox completely for a few seconds (from power too) and boot the box new, which starts yet with ZDF as starting channel AND now with the right

PAY TV ENDLICH EUROPAWEIT ABONNIERBAR MACHEN !!!
    Was die Erotikbranche seit Jahren schafft, muss auch für SKY & Co. möglich sein!

• Easiest thing is the following:

install ntptime (there is a version for 7025, copy it to /usr/bin/, give execute rights), then create a shell script. Put that in the root directory, give execute rights to it. Inside the script call ntptime with your favourite time server.
    Example:
    /usr/bin/ntpdate de.pool.ntp.org &

When you installed the Plugin TuxCom, you can start this script directly in Tuxcom. After a few seconds (and open internet connection), you got the new correct time directly from the net.

I sometime have that problem after online update. After restart, time is wrong and nothing helped. I don't like to shut the box down, wait a couple of time and then restart it, to have exact time.

The above solution is for me the best, 'cause I'm lazy ! :grinning_squinting_face:

P.S if you're interested in that, I can upload the things this evening (im in office now)

Edit: I like remote desktop.....
    Here is the file. This is not from me, it is from a friendly guy from another board. It works for me, so use it if you like....

Dateien

---
    Gruß aus Franken
    Peter

[size=10]DM500HD(S2), 1 x Rotor USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM8000S2x4, 3 x DiseqC 1.0 mit 13,19,23 und 28 Ost mit Technisat Multi 90 cm, 1 x Rotor HH-100 Stab USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM 7080 aktuell Multischalter DiseqC 13,19,23,28

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von peter999 ()

• the problem is: from transponders come wrong time
    when you zap to one of that channel box time will be changed

there is needed solution to turn off time update on few transponders or turn off time update from transponders at all

• MartiniB

the problem is not, that some transponders have "incorrect" time (some of them are only in another time zone), the problem is that we cannot fix that with the remote control as we could in enigma 1. Sometimes I start my box from deep standby and have a normally correct working provider like ZDF, but the box starts on ZDF and I have a difference up to 30 Minutes !

So I installed the ntptime (see above posting). Together with TuxCom, I simply switch back to correct time....

But DMM should find a solution here, because it is annoying, always to look at the screen when programming timers. But that does not really help, because when going to deep standby, I don't ever know if it start with the correct time !!!

I lost a few records because of wrong time settings inside the box....

---
    Gruß aus Franken
    Peter

[size=10]DM500HD(S2), 1 x Rotor USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM8000S2x4, 3 x DiseqC 1.0 mit 13,19,23 und 28 Ost mit Technisat Multi 90 cm, 1 x Rotor HH-100 Stab USALS (Kathrein CAS 90 und UAS 484)
    DM 7080 aktuell Multischalter DiseqC 13,19,23,28

• This Time Sync thing is really bugging me. i tune in to E134.0 and the time is always changing every 5-10 minutes back to the Transponder time which is way of my time zone. while the above Script and NPTDate option does work it has to be manually activated using TuxCom.....as the transponder time is auto updating itself every 5-10 minutes this is not really a good solution in my case.

Does anyone know how to disable the auto transponder time update feature on the DM800? I guess that there should be a file in the DM800 OS which can be modified or delated to stop this behaviour?

Thanx for any assistance given.

• Have you tried to set it on a transponder in your region and then restarted Enigma by the power meny? I think the box takes time from the Enigma startup transponder.