EMP Centauri 8/1 switch and 7025 bug?

• I am trying to make my EMP Centauri 8/1 switch to work with my 7025 receiver.

I am using DiseqC 1.1 and configured the ports in the uncommited, input 1, input 2 etc etc.....

The receiver is not working any good and when i have a signal on one channel and then change channel on the same satellite i get Tune Failed.

After rebooting it works again to change some channels, after a few minutes it starts doing this Tune Failed annoyance again.

What is going on? anyone else got problems?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Likvid ()

• I have had problems with a Vantage 8/1 switch, which looks identical to the Centauri 8/1. Others have reported problems with the Vantage 8/1 as well.

This switch internally contains a 4/1 committed switch and a 2/1 uncommitted switch. I configured the Dreambox accordingly. It worked on the Dreambox 500, but it did not work on the Dreambox 7025.

I originally suspected that the Dreambox was to blame. However, experimenting further with it I discovered that the switch did do very strange things, like switching through 2 LNBs at the same time.

I have replaced the Vantage 8/1 switch with a SPAUN SAR 411 (4/1 committed) plus a SPAUN SUR 420 (4/1 uncommitted). This combination worked out of the box.

So I would advice you to dispose your Centauri 8/1 and replace it with SPAUN switches.

Regards, Frits

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fwiarda ()

• Thanks.

I have worked all day trying to make the switch work, it works when i zap for a few channels and then it freezes and i need to reboot the 7025.

Many people have this switch working Enigma1.

So the problem is AGAIN with DM7025 being a big bug??

• What you report matches exactly with my experience with the Vantage 8/1.

However, whatever signals the Dreambox sends to the switch, the switch shall never ever connect through 2 LNBs at the same time. I did notice that the switch does do this. That means that there is a bug in the switch.

You are right that it does work with Enigma1 and not with Enigma2. That does not mean necessarily that there is a bug in Enigma2. It can also mean that the signals send by Enigma2 differ a little from the signals send by Enigma1, but that both are still within the limits of the Diseqc specification.

The combination Spaun SAR 411 + SUR 420 should react to the same Disecq commands as you should send the Centauri 8/1 or the Vantage 8/1. With the Spaun and Enigma2 it works fine.

The fact that I have measured that the Vantage 8/1 switch connects through erroneously 2 LNBs at the same time makes me believe that it is a Vantage/Centauri bug, and not a DM7025 bug.

Regards, Frits

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fwiarda ()

• Yes you are right, i have also discovered that the 7025 connects to two inputs at the same time from the switch.

Are you sure the Spaun 4/1 works ok with 7025?

I don't want to buy another useless switch if that doesn't work either..... :angry_face:

Maybe there is a reason Spaun hasn't made a 8/1 switch? :winking_face:

• Yes, I am sure that it works. I control 5 LNBs with the combination of these two switches connected to a DM7025. I connected them as follows:

....................................................... -out1---- 19.2E ...
    ....................................................... -out2---- 23.5E ...
    ........................... -out1----in- SAR411 ........................
    ....................................................... -out3---- 28.5E ...
    ....................................................... -out4---- 13.0E ...
    ........................... -out2--------------------------- 5.0E ...
    Dreambox ----in- SUR420 ............................................
    ........................... -out3--------------------------- not used ...
    ........................... -out4--------------------------- not used ...

If you have 4 LNBs or less it is sufficient to use only the SAR 411 commited switch.

If you have more then 7 LNBs you can add additional SAR411 switches to out2, out3 and out4 of the SUR420. That way you can control up to 16 LNBs.

If even 16 LNBs is not enough you can add an additional SUR420 switch between the Dreambox and the first SUR420. That way you can control up to 64 LNBs.

By the way, how many LNB do you have?

There is not a technical reason that Spaun did not make an 8/1 switch. If you can put the functionality into two boxes, you can put it into one as well. According to the Vantage 8/1 documentation it shall be controlled in exactly the same way as I control the combination of the Spaun switches.

Regards, Frits

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fwiarda ()

• Have one EMP on my 7025 without any problem at all. You configure it as one 2-way uncommited which connects to two 4-ways commited switch which use AA/AB/BA/BB

Read the manual you got with the swicth and you will see how to do it.

/WeeGull

• Yes i have read the manual, it does not say anything about configuring as a committed switch but only uncomitted.

Input 1 on uncommitted goes to input 1 on the switch etc....

That is what the manual says...

Your config does not work either, i have tried it.

Can you post a screenshot of the tuner configuration menu you have done so i can see exactly what i have done wrong?

• Ok i have got it working now with my DM7025.

The secret was to set Fast DiseqC = NO, Sequence Repeat = NO

So the final working configuration for INPUT 2 on the EMP switch:

CONFIGURATION MODE: ADVANCED
    VOLTAGE MODE: POLARIZATION
    TUNE MODE: BAND
    LNB: LNB1
    DISEQC MODE: 1.1
    TONEBURST: NONE
    COMMITTED DISEQC COMMAND: AA
    FAST DISEQC: NO
    SEQUENCE REPEAT: NO
    COMMAND ORDER: COMITTED, UNCOMITTED,TONEBURST
    UNCOMITTED DISEQC COMMAND: INPUT 2
    DISEQC REPEATS: NONE
    LOF: UNIVERSAL LNB
    INCREASED VOLTAGE: NO

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Likvid ()

• I tried that configuration on my Vantage 8/1 on the Dreambox 7025 as well. At some moment it seemed to work. Then I did a full transponder scan, and suddenly it did not work anymore.

Then I measured that it sometimes switched through 2 inputs simultaneously, and I concluded it was a peace of scap I did not want to invest any more time in.

I hope for you it keeps on working this way. If it does not, replace it with Spaun.

Regards, Frits

• Likvid, does you manual say that the switch does not respond to the command A/B/C/D? and you have a list showing uncom input1/2/3 etc?

If so then you should do this config

CONFIGURATION MODE: ADVANCED
    LNB: LNB1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
    DISEQC MODE: 1.1
    UNCOMITTED DISEQC COMMAND: INPUT 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

I hope that you understand that the numbers indications different LNB and inputs. Rest should be default.

Seen this config with a swicth named Maximus but it looks just the same as EMP.

/WeeGull

• No my config above is for INPUT 2 on the switch only.

The rest of the inputs you have to configure accordingly to the switch inputs.

• I tried scanning the satellites and it works also, no problem for me.

I have the Version 2 of EMP switch, the red one, maybe there is a difference between version 1 and 2.

But it works ok now for me.

• Does anyone knows if EMP switch 8/1 will also work with Dreambox 7000 ( Enigma 1 ) ?

It would be great if one of you could send me screen captures of the Satellites Configuration menu on its Dreambox.

I would like to connect 8 LNBs with a EMP switch 8/1 but i really don't know how configuring the settings in Dreambox .

Many thanks

• I have 7025+st receiver and I have same kind of problems. Before I had centauri swithes then replaced spaun and still sometimes when I change from terestial to sat channnel 7025 freezes, can you please help me what might be the problem?

• Zitat

Original von mattitk
    I have 7025+st receiver and I have same kind of problems. Before I had centauri swithes then replaced spaun and still sometimes when I change from terestial to sat channnel 7025 freezes, can you please help me what might be the problem?

Please take a look at this site: http://www.emp-centauri.cz/pdf/dreambox_7025_setting-en.pdf
    EMP-Centauri has done several tests with a DM7025 and made a full testrapport.

To avoid further problems with DMM boxes they have made a hardware modification to all the switches, also the 8/1 switch has been modified.

• hi;
    i use gemini 3.7
    i have been no problem for 3 months.
    but i have got tuner failed problem during last 1 week.i didnt change any settings,image or so something.
    my diseqc is emp centauri.
    Whats the problem?
    the tuner is corrupted?

• original set from EMP:
    http://www.emp-centauri.cz/pdf/dreambox_7025_setting-en.pdf
    or
    http://www.emp-centauri.cz/pdf/dreambox_7025_setting-cz.pdf

Gibertini OP100L /85E-53W/

ROVER AtomLight STC+ , Televes H30 FLEX

WaveFrontier T90 /39E-36E-31E-28E-26E-23E-19E-16E-13E-9E-7E-5E-1W-4W/
    Dreambox DMone/900UHD/7020HD/500HD , TBS-5925 , TBS-5520SE , TBS-5220 , EDISION OSmio+ 4K , VU Solo 4K , Octagon SF8008