Dreambox support is just closing cases , ignoring them. Is dreambox going out of business ?

• I created two cases at Dream Property GmbH Support.
    One with the serious issue or random video freezing.
    - both cases were closed shortly after with the text below:

It's impressively unprofessional, is dreambox about to close shop or just ignoring customers ?
    -----------------------------------------------------

Mit freundlichem Gruß, Best Regards

Markus Hauck
    Tel.: 0180-3 44 11 30 990
    Fax 0180-3 44 11 30 991
    eMail: support@dream-multimedia-tv.de
    web: https://dreambox.de
    https://dreambox.de/otrs/customer.pl

Address
    Dream Property GmbH
    Pierbusch 26
    44536 Lünen
    Germany

Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 19958
    Geschäftsführung: Alpaslan Karasu

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail enthaelt moeglicherweise vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen und ist ausschliesslich fuer den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Jede Form der Veroeffentlichung, Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser E-Mail ist unzulaessig. Sollten Sie nicht der richtige Adressat oder dessen Vertreter sein, bitten wir Sie, sich in diesem Fall mit dem Absender der E-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen. Die Inhalte unserer E-mails werden mit groesster Sorgfalt erstellt. Fuer die Richtigkeit, Vollstaendigkeit und Aktualitaet dieser Inhalte koennen wir jedoch keinerlei Gewaehr und Haftung uebernehmen. Ueber das Internet versandte E-Mails koennen leicht unter fremden Namen erstellt oder manipuliert werden. Aus diesem Grunde bitten wir um Verstaendnis dafuer, dass wir zu Ihrem Schutz die rechtliche Verbindlichkeit der vorstehenden Erklaerung und Aeusserungen ausschliessen.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally protected information and is intended solely for the address. Any form of disclosure, reproduction or distribution of this e-mail's contents is prohibited and may be unlawful. Should you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. The contents of our e-mails are created with utmost care. Nevertheless we cannot accept any warranty or liability for correctness, completeness or accuracy. E-mails sent via the internet can easily be recreated or manipulated by a third person. For this reason we ask for your understanding that for your own protection we exclude legal liability for the statements and comments contained within.

• Which real data? That's just a name of one support employee and the default signature with business adresses etc. The response seems to be completely empty.

I fully agree that this is unprofessional behavior.
    But please keep in mind that we're still in the middle of the holidays. In general the time beetwen 24th December and 06th January is really low business here in Germany. Why don't you try to reach the support again next week?

Alternatively it is always a good idea to contact your dealer. At least here in Germany that's the only way of repair guaranteed by law.

Of course I have no insights on Dream Property businesses but it's obvious that they are NOT going out of business.

so long
    m0rphU

• Kind of good to know they are not out of business.
    Holiday is a reason I would understand to cause no response/delay, but just closing the cases within 24h, marking them as "closed successful" is no good.
    I can wait a week or so, maybe another employee that actually does his job will take a case then.

• what should they do if you sent them just the same info than in your original post?

• I don't think its our job to educate (or defend) the support.
    anyway, options are:
    -ask for more info
    -tell me to try another CAM/CI
    -tell me to test CM/CI in other hardware
    -tell me that they never seen a case like this, and doubt it's the box/software

there are plenty of options other than just closing the case, .. basically flipping off the customer.

In any case: Yesterday I swapped the CAM (in my previous setup, I had two FloppyDTV's with two CAM's - never knowing which one we used the most.)
    It's been running steady for the last >12hours ... there could be some connection/thermal issue with one CAM - hopefully it's good now.