Make custum changes in an installed package before image building

• If I want to put my own custom plugin.py lets say for the PluginSort extension. How should this be done. I cant seem to find any recipes for plugins wich I can make an bbappend to.

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

So if the plugin is conatined within enigma2-plugins, your bbappend would probably be targeted at

Code
    meta-opendreambox/recipes-dreambox/enigma2-plugins/enigma2-plugins_4.3.2.bb

to avoid having to adjust the bbappend name after every version change you could go for.

Code
    enigma2-plugins_%.bbappend
  • Thanks @Reichi!!

I will try it out! I asume that with plugins contained with enigma2.plugins you also mean every plugin defined or added to packagegroup-opendreambox-enigma2? Lets say I added PluginSort in there, will your suggestion work?

What if I do my changes in my bbappend file, how is the right way to get my updates done? Change the PR for my bb or bbappend file? Untill now I have made my own PR number within the bb files to force an update from the bbappend files, but that may mess with updates (pull) from DM, wouldnt it? Never thought of that! Just want to do this right without having my feed files messed up over time... :fearful_face:

And one more problem regarding dm900 and armhf. Is it possible to run mipsel executables in this platform? Or do we have to recompile our old stuff for armhf? I mean, is it possible to trick systemctl to run mipsel with some options, so to speak? Maybe hoping for to much here? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• no mipsel on arm(s)

I played with emulation, but as soon as you move into system io you die miserably

• @gutemine
    Thanks! An emulator that worked would be fine! Our files does system IO's. The problem is I dont have the raw codes anymore, and just dont want to do the job over again. But, it might be the only solution. Work work work... damn this dreambox world! :face_with_tongue:

@Reichi
    I have found some suggestion that an PR .= ".1" would be the right way to bump a custom update in a bbappend. Can you confirm that this is a good solution that will make everything good to go.

• well, if you want to try static qemu binaries from debian jessie work nicely

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Reichi

I have found some suggestion that an PR .= ".1" would be the right way to bump a custom update in a bbappend. Can you confirm that this is a good solution that will make everything good to go.

On modern yocto based distributions (like opendreambox) the PR will be incremented automatically when a receipe changes so this is not required anymore.

• @Reichi
    You might come in an situation when the only thing you want to change is the files, not whats in the recipe, do you mean it looks for changes in the files belonging to the recipe also? And by that, you do not need to use an PR in those situations either? Lets say you edit plugin.py for PluginSort, do the compiler check for changes (WORK DIR) in that file before deciding to increment PR for that recipe! I also want to have my version number as custom PR .= ".pp1". You say its not required, but will it be used if I use it, and will it mess up things?

Just finished compilation of a dm900 image now. I tried to do it with your solution regarding making an .append to enigma2-plugins_4.3.1.bb. This was for adding my changes to plugin.py for PluginSort plugin. And it works!!! Thanks so much! This has been an pain in the as for me to crack around. By the way, this does not work with plugins belonging to enigma2. Or I think belonging to enigma2... I want to do my own stuff in SoftwareManager, Satfinder and GraphMultiEPG, but those changes was not excepted in enigma2-plugins_%.bbappend. But when I did the do_install_append() in the enigma2_4.3.1.r4.bbappend that I have made, it worked nicely! My question is then, how do you know wich bbappend file to use from what plugin you wish to install? I have looked through a bunch of recipes, but cant find som place where it tells me that those 3 plugins mentioned should belong to the enigma2_%.bbappend... I just want to know before I have to get it blown in my face by compiler tellling me there is some faults around. :smiling_face:

@gutemine
    Thanks man! I will look more into QEMO. Might come in handy one day! :smiling_face: