Advice concerning Twin LNB's

• Hi Guys,

I am considering upgrading one of my LNB's, in fact the one I use for 28.2E. At the moment I have a twin 0.6 Db. This works very well but I am looking to pull in a better signal from some of the weaker Astra 2D channels. If anyone has any recommendations concerning what, or what not to buy I would be very interested to hear from them.

Please note: increasing my dish size is not an option unfortunately.

One of the reasons I ask is because a while back I bought an Invacom single 03.Db for the system I have at our summer house. This turned out to be an absolute rubbish product, in fact I receive far stronger signal on a 0.6 db which I bought in a supermarket.

As stated, I hope some of the experts out there will take the trouble to post on this question.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von priroy ()

• I can not tell you which LNB is the best , but I can say the new ALPS tuner in dreamboxes is much better from old used in dm7000. If you have old dm7000 and will replace with ... dm8000 you can have hope for 10%-20% improvements.
    If you have dm7000 you can use addon called : sigboost_v0.24.zip and have hope for 5-7% improvements.

dm8000sss : 30w;8w,4w,1w,5e,7e,9e,13e,16e,19e,23e,26e,28e,31e,33e,36e,39e,42e,45e;53e

• first i had a phillips lnb 0.6 dB (single) for 19.2°.
    then i replaced that one with an inverto lnb 0.2 dB and the signal strenght is better now. much better.

now i can watch orf without hickups :grinning_squinting_face:

from now on i buy and install only inverto lnb's without any problems. and you get 5 years warranty :winking_face:

DreamBox7000S ( eigenes CVS-Image, Samsung 160 GB@5400 U/Min)
    dBox2@Linux ( eigenes CVS-Image Sagem 1xI, Avia600 )
    Typhoon USB 1.1 Stick - 128 MB
    Joker-Modul @ Kamilz 1.15