Heavy Problems with 7025 (Dutch)

• Just bought a 7025, high expectations but last 24hr's have been dramatic.

The initial image jan 26 2006 was extremely instable and the received locked up after 3 channel switches; many channels show hickups, mostly in image and often in sound (ever other second upto 5 seconds per hickup!).

I'm using my old Aston Crypt and Canal Digitaal card for the dutch channels.

Viewing BVN (which is unencrypted) is dramatic.
    Hickup-normal-Hickup.... so sad that even free-to-air channels cannot be viewed with this box.

I uploaded the july 11 image now and it is lightly better, the hickups are continues but the box freezes-up a bit less.

However when I switch to Net5 or SBS6 the box stops receiving all-together! And there is no way to get it back to receiving any channels until a deeps-shutdown and restart - watching some public German channel like ARD.

I have to limit myself to watching dutch 1,2,3 rtl 4,5,7, animal planet, ngc and discovery; those all do fairly well.

Watching BVN you also see an abnormal amount of mpeg artifacts in the image - a general poor & hicked-up image (like what you get when over compressing a JPG image).

On stability and image quality this box cannot touch my good old (boring :winking_face: echostar receiver which output image seems much more stable and less distorted.

However I got my advise to buy a dreambox from users that have been happy with it for a couple of years now (7000 and 7020 owners) - I hope 7025 users (like me) can be added to this list of happy users in the future when some of these critical bugs are fixed...

Watching this space for solutions, wondering if I should return the reiver quickly while I still can...

regards,

Leon

• Offizieller Beitrag

Usually the 7025 is quite stable.
    I've never heard of other people having Problems so "dramatic" as you have described... ever tried it without aston-crypt module inserted? (just as a test).

my box runs weeks without any problems (i only use it at the weekend but it records many things for me on the other days and i didn't have any problems for a long time.

• Hi Reichi,
    thanks for your quick reply,
    I have removed the ASTON+cd card and restarted the 7025 from the menu.
    Installed the new 'official image' from dm7025_20060429.nfi on my cf card (multiboot installed, installed on /media/mb3).
    There were no channels so I added the BVN transponder:
    12574 H 22000-5/6 and tuned in on BVN.

This image is even many times worse than the latest july 7 image, no picture at all and only shaking pieces of sound (the screen turns black).

Is it the high data rate or special way the dutch channel is broadcasted that causes these problems?

I think BVN is a FTA channel it could become a good 'reference channel' for dreambox testing :winking_face:

Please help out! thanx
    Leon

• Maybe you should try the dreamville-Image in flash without any multiboot or externel stuff.

I'm also watching the CanalDigitaal channels on a 7025 without any Problems.

cu

floh

• I tested the BVN channel on my 7025 5 minutes ago. No freezer, no probs. And I didnt need to add the Transponder, it has been found during the last normal channel search. And the channel didnt have a very high rate or something like that, german channels like ARD/ZDF have a higher rate than BVN.
    So maybe there is something other wrong in your config, according your description I think you have a very bad signal strength (freezer, didnt find channel on normal channel scan, etc.).

So I would check the cable and the connector first. What would also be intresting is your signal strength., so whats your SNR/AGC/BER ?

If you dont have such problem with your "echostar", maybe the tuner inside this box is a bit better. By the way, whats your SNR/AGC/BER on the "echostar" ?

I dont think you have trouble with the box, It seems for me like you have trouble with your signal strength, means with your dish and/or the cables between your dish and the receiver.

By the way, the 7025 is more stable than thje old boxes (7000,7020, etc.) in my opinion. I mostly only need to boot, when I flash a new image.

//EDIT
    BVN is now running here for the last 40minutes, even I didnt understand one word they say there ;), but I didnt got any freezer or any gaps inside the sound.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Seddi ()

• Hi Seddi and floh, thanks for responding.

If other people can see BVN/cd channels then I should be able to eventually and it is not the box (I'll meet the dealer this saturday so if it is a hw problem I'm sure I can get a new box).

The tuner does scan BVN automatic, just that I installed the new image without a channel list I did a manual scan on this transponder to save time.

Maybe the multiboot is the problem but I didnt figure out how to flash yet, I believe for dreamup you need a nulmodem cable which I have not at hand and doesnt reach to my computer; would have to drag the computer to the sat and get this cable to flash...? Can you point me out to the right docs/faqs for this or give me some more instructions? (I have plenty of unix/linux experience but 0 dreambox/enigma/tuxbox...!)

Multiboot can do copy 0 <x> to copy an image to flash, I'll try that (what are you guys using to flash, what commands to follow? I'm reading for many -late- evenings but not enough 7025 specific info around).

The signal indicators show:
    SN 78%
    AGC 85%
    BER 19353 (jumping 16000-20000 range)

I do notice one major thing here: all the channels that give me problems are on the 12574 H transponder... nothing on this transponder works! (NET5, SBS6, BVN, TMF!!)

what does that tell you?
    I think the signal is quite okay, ... maybe H/V is not switched correctly or some other funny thing with the tuner...?

Who can solve this puzzle..?

thanks for helping me here in the forum,
    regards

Leon

• The problem is solved!

I was reading another posting about 30 Mhz mistuned channels and thought maybe the 'simple LNB' setup didn't do it for my setup (1 dualhead astra+hotbird, 1 separate dish on astra 2, 4xlnb switch between).

So I startedup my good old echostart and copied-over all LNB settings on a piece of paper, then punched them in the dreambox (advanced LNB setting, disceq 1.0, custom LNB 9750/10600 etc).

Then... all works!

Great support here on the group! I think me and my dreambox will become good friends from here on!

For NET5 I now get:
    SNR 81%
    AGC: 86%
    BER: 39 (low)-235 (high)

Think I may need to tune the dish a bit to get the BER lower? or is this range acceptable?

thanx again!