Gstreamer 1.4X

• Hello to all members here
    I've one question,maybe someone can help with an answer:
    When it will be updated our beloved dm7020hd firmware with new version of gstreamer,like v1.xx ?
    Lately I've seen a lots of enigma2 based boxes with updated gstreamer in images like openatv,opepli etc ,allowing to playback a lot of new multimedia file formats like flac,or new iptv streams formats,so I think maybe dm7020hd can be updated too,because it's not an old box,and certainly not a cheap one,and DMM was always proud of it's customers support.

• Hi again
    A simple yes ,no or never would be nice as an answer.
    For me it's important,because from the first dm7000 with blue display,I've bought all DMM models only for the best firmware support,not for the hardware(anyway hardware was crappy,I can give you bad example with every model,from bad network speed on old dm7020.solved with changed capacitors,overheating dm800s ,crappy psu on dm7025,low flash and memory on dm800se,and the list can continue) but the software support was top notch.
    I was planning to buy the new dm7080hd,but first I want to see a proof of the good support for a box bought 2 years ago,with 530 euros,and if the dusty gstreamer from oe20 images will not be updated,I think it's time for me to move on,and close the "dreambox" chapter ,no offence.
    So,maybe someone here can enlight me with an straight and honest answer.
    Thanks a lot!
    Best Regards!

• Why should DMM update gstreamer if everything works fine and stable on the old boxes?

They use a more recent version on their current models - therefore if you want it - buy one, but don't start discussions like this.

You will have to face the fact that DMM will probably not do any major enhancements anymore on the non-DreamOS boxes, the earlier the better.

Switching gstreamer to a newer version means a lot more for enigma2 then just pushing the version and a few patches like the current 'Open' developers are insisting to post while they still struggle to get it work after 6 months.

• Ok,thanks for your answer.
    Nice,so the owners of oe20 boxes(the v2 ones are less than 2 years old) are left in the cold,no more new things,only "be happy for what it's working".Thats is all I need to know.
    Have a nice day!
    Best Regards!

• I'm not DMM but having a fully operational box ist not what I would call left in the cold... Especially as the other vendors are not oficially delivering it either but depend on a still buggy community hack with lots of patches to make it work at all. And these you can have also for dreamboxes if you insist. So where is the difference???

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Every people on this planet has the right of a personal opinion.For e.g ,my personal opinion,at this moment, is that my expensive,not so old box can't do things that no-name korean cheap boxes can do.I don't care about fancy explanations,for me it's just working or not.If I have a big colections of flac files,that are not playing in my dm7020hd,but are playing in a vaporware box, but ,based on your opinion, I don't need to care,just be happy and carry on.
    Maybe for you it's not important,and all the development thing that is your excuse ,it's real,but don't forget that customers money bring up or down a company.
    All these years when I bought DMM products,the only thing that was keeping me from switching to another brand,was the good firmware support,I didn't care about premium prices or crappy hardware,because I knew that will be always innovations for my box.
    So now,when that thing it's gone,DMM will be just another brand.
    This kind of business strategy ruined companies like Nokia or Motorola.
    Useful or not ,new things for older boxes,just keep the client buying,no matter what you think,believe me.If the client it's buying,the money comes,simple as that.
    Again,it's just my personal opinion.
    Best Regards!

• Why do you not flash just such a image?
    When DMM decides not to put buggy gstreamer 1.xx into their images they have good reasons for that. Their priority is to have boxes that run stable.