does dm7080 support external DVD slim drive?

• thanks

I have spoken to a dealer about dm 7080 and told that the box does not support External DVD

the most important thing that the software or the image supports DVD PLAYER.

does the software support dvd player and how to sufficient power to make dvd player work, is it the dvd which works using USB?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bmb1425 ()

• the same DVD Player then on all other Dreamboxes is also available for the 7080 ... and it works the same way also with USB DVD drives.

• Code
    root@dm7080:~# opkg list | grep dvdplayer
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-dvdplayer - 4.2.0r12-dm7080-r0.0 - Framebuffer-based digital media application
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-dvdplayer-dev - 4.2.0r12-dm7080-r0.0 - Framebuffer-based digital media application
    packagegroup-opendreambox-dvdplayer - 1.0-r0.1 - OpenDreambox: DVD-Player Support
    packagegroup-opendreambox-dvdplayer-dbg - 1.0-r0.1 - OpenDreambox: DVD-Player Task for the OpenDreambox Distribution - Debugging files
    packagegroup-opendreambox-dvdplayer-dev - 1.0-r0.1 - OpenDreambox: DVD-Player Task for the OpenDreambox Distribution - Development files
  • root@dm7080:~# opkg list | grep dvdplayer
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-dvdplayer - 4.2.1-dm7080-r0.0 - Framebuffer-based digi tal media application
    packagegroup-opendreambox-dvdplayer - 1.0-r0.2 - OpenDreambox: DVD-Player Suppor t
    packagegroup-opendreambox-dvdplayer-dbg - 1.0-r0.2 - OpenDreambox: DVD-Player Ta sk for the OpenDreambox Distribution - Debugging files
    packagegroup-opendreambox-dvdplayer-dev - 1.0-r0.2 - OpenDreambox: DVD-Player Ta sk for the OpenDreambox Distribution - Development files
    root@dm7080:~#
    Try to install my usb bluray/dvd,but didnt reconize it anybody have a sultions.
    Its Asus dvd/bluray, use usb hub with power.

thanks

arneande

• see the difference - guess what filesystem a CD, DVD,... has ....

• guess:udf or ud?

root@dm7080:~# ls -al /dev

brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 11, 0 Nov 13 12:16 sr0

root@dm7080:~# mount -i /dev/sr0 /media/bluray
    mount: unknown filesystem type 'none'

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von arneande ()

• look, I posted you how to check for the needed filesystem, install the kernel modules and load them ... and you even replied that you might need isofs udf and cdfs ... and that the mount contains about now knowing the filesystem (yet)

Do something with your new knowledge instead of asking why it doesn't work for you (yet)

• Does that mean dvd like LG doesnot work with dm7080? if it works ,where can I find the suitable plugin for dvd?

thanks in advance.

I did it with my Asus, quite sure that you install dependis that you need? take a google search .
    good luck my frend.

regards
    arneande :thumbs_up:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von arneande ()