A way to disable ALL hardware front decoder buttons?

• As I have a 1 year old rocket scientist that enjoy at pressing buttons I strongly need to disable them all, or at least to lock them (like a phone locker).

Is there anything like that I can do? :grinning_squinting_face:

• check keyids.py and keymap.xml

Or use an Antigrav device to levitate the box high enough so that he can't reach it.

• Code
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/keyids.py
     /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml

But if you already have problems finding them, then you maybe should not consider changing them and better go for the Antigrav device.

• Code
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/keyids.py
     /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml

But if you already have problems finding them, then you maybe should not consider changing them and better go for the Antigrav device.

Don't worry I know how to handle with Python files.:D

• Then you should have known what find / -name filename does for you in telnet :grinning_squinting_face:

And one of these files is an xml ...

• There should be a division like

Code
    <device name="dreambox front panel">

in the keymap.xml where you should change the function of these buttons.

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

• edit keymap.xml will not help
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…age=Thread&threadID=15941

create your own /etc/rc3.d/S90UserInit
    (chmod 755)
    with command in it

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    rm /dev/input/event0 && mv `ls /dev/input/event*| tail -n1` /dev/input/event0
  • edit keymap.xml will not help
    Long press power button

create your own /etc/rc3.d/S90UserInit
    (chmod 755)
    with command in it

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    rm /dev/input/event0 && mv `ls /dev/input/event*| tail -n1` /dev/input/event0

I created the file like you said, rebooted completely the box and the buttons are still enabled.
    However I have to say I noticed that in /etc/rc3.d/ I found only symlinks.

Did it have anyway to work?

• rights(755) to execute are given?
    i have file directly in folder

• rights(755) to execute are given?

Yes sir. :thumbs_up:

• your image is two years outdated, but at this problem it doesn't have to make sense

maybe on your image `input` devices are loaded in different order, try remove other numbers, one on each attempt

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    #rm /dev/input/event0 && mv `ls /dev/input/event*| tail -n1` /dev/input/event0
    rm /dev/input/event1 && mv `ls /dev/input/event*| tail -n1` /dev/input/event1
    #rm /dev/input/event2 && mv `ls /dev/input/event*| tail -n1` /dev/input/event2
    #rm /dev/input/event3 && mv `ls /dev/input/event*| tail -n1` /dev/input/event3
    #rm /dev/input/event4
  • Code
    cat /proc/bus/input/devices

würde Euch das Herumsuchen sparen wenn Ihr schon nicht auf mich hört ....

• OK I found the entry in keymap.xml and deleted it.

Now my son cannot completely shutdown the decoder anymore, but I still would like to disable all the buttons.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Cr4z33 ()

• show please what changes you have made
    also long(2 sec) + short + short doesn't send box to deep standby?

The answer to the second question is no. :winking_face:

What I did was completely removing the following entry and doing a full decoder restart:

Code
    <device name="dreambox front panel">
    			<key id="KEY_POWER" mapto="deepstandby" flags="l" />
    		</device>
  • If you cange the keyid in keyids.py to a dummy (like 999) then the key(s) would not be recognized anymore by enigma2.

And be aware that an enigma2 update will revert the changes you made, so be prepared to re-do them.

• If you cange the keyid in keyids.py to a dummy (like 999) then the key(s) would not be recognized anymore by enigma2.

And be aware that an enigma2 update will revert the changes you made, so be prepared to re-do them.

Great I am gonna try it right now.
    Thanks! :thumbs_up: