Auto shutdown after idle

• Hi.

Love the new firmware update for dreambox. And I think it's kinda nice with the new "auto shutdown after 1-5 hours idle/inactivity)

But is it possible for you to make a small change in the settings, so you can choose between "shutting down" and "standby"? :smiling_face:

• shut down is standby ! (formerly known as Deep standby)

It's not on my 2 boxes (running danish language) standby is called idle and shutdown is called standby.
    But it shuts completely down, and not just in standby..
    So I can't access it with my phone.

So it's currently disabled.

• Thats exactly as it has to be.
    DMM is just following the rules of the European Union. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

I know :face_with_tongue:

And I'm asking if they could change the setting, so you can choose between the standby and deep standby :winking_face:

• you don't understand

Idle: box is "running" but not tuning - no output on TV (formerly known as Standby)

Standby: box is ready to boot (formerly known as Deep Standby)

EU regulation:
    Standby: <1W needed (Idle needs more ;))

• Yeah, I know... But I DO NOT want it to go into deep standby, cause then I can't access it with my smartphone.

But I think it's a nice feature... and I would like a option to choose between standby and deep standby, when 2 or 3 hours has gone, with inactivity.
    Otherwise I would just disable the feature, and use the regular sleep timer.

• Hi

I think he is right, it would be good to choose between idle and standby.
    For example if i forgot to switch off the box the hdd is still running because i use permanent timeshift so this feature wolud be very useable.
    If it does not compare to EU rights it could be an additional feature too.

Cheers fmx

• TS is like a recording, so would not go into "idle"

by the way:
    in electricity consumption, there is almost no difference in Active and Idle - that's why it's not allowed to call it "Standby" anymore

• TS is like a recording, so would not go into "idle"

by the way:
    in electricity consumption, there is almost no difference in Active and Idle - that's why it's not allowed to call it "Standby" anymore

Idle is about 15-16 watt, active sd channel 24-26 watt, active hd channel 32 watt. Yes, there is a difference... but deep standby uses VERY little watt. But I NEVER use that.. I will have access to it through my phone, all the time. So I can set recording time and so.

But I guess it's not gonna happen...

Was just curious :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

• But I think it's a nice feature... and I would like a option to choose between standby and deep standby, when 2 or 3 hours has gone, with inactivity.
    Otherwise I would just disable the feature, and use the regular sleep timer.

There is a plugin called "autoshutdown". Just ask google... :thumbs_up: