Dreamflash boot menu

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: DM5620
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): enigma1
    Firmware version: own cvs

your question

I have Dreamflash Version 2.8 in my image. I also have nfs server Windows SFU in the pc. Nfs mount OK (from dreambox comm settings) with mount point /hdd. With Function Add Image I have installed an image. With Information I can see the image in the list below Flash Image. With Setup I have installed a skin in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/boot.

When I reboot, I cannot see any boot menu, the box just boots to the Flash Image. DCC shows mount point /hdd (not mounted). Any advice how I can boot to an installed image ?

Regards, pcd.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by digi_casi
    afaik, only hdd and usb stick are supported by dreamflash.

You are of course the Master, but the FAQ for Dreamflash Version 1.4 on the /board.old/ shows NFS can be used. I managed to install an image on the pc, but no boot menu on rebooting. It is confusing ! :confused_face:

Regards, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Zitat

Original von digi_casi
    afaik, only hdd and usb stick are supported by dreamflash.

thats true for the newer versions - but older versions of df have had nfs support!

so you can use df 1.4 or i can only guess flashwizard!

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

• My main purpose is to put my own image trials on pc multiboot, I don't trust them enough for the flash ! :grinning_squinting_face:

Flashwizard does not seem to do it with cvs images, and I am not sure if dreamflash 1.04 will accept 1.09 images - I will give it a try.

Regards, pcd.

• FlashWizard works with ANY image in flash.
    The point is different:
    if you want to install a recent image with LZMA compression, then you CAN'T use any official DMM image in flash, because the official images are too old and don't support LZMA

FlashWizard PRO developer

• No bugs to fix, but I saw you applied all my precious advices for your web-interface. :grinning_squinting_face:

But don't worry, I'm now on 7025 and we'll be far for a long long long while ... until you succeed to code a webif for 7025 :grinning_squinting_face: :grinning_squinting_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by musicbob
    FlashWizard works with ANY image in flash.
    The point is different:
    if you want to install a recent image with LZMA compression, then you CAN'T use any official DMM image in flash, because the official images are too old and don't support LZMA

I have a new cvs in flash. Then with flashwizard I can install any new image in the pc. The problem is any cvs installed in pc does not boot when selected in boot menu ! Other well known images boot ok with multiboot.

Probably a bug ?

• Zitat

Other well known images boot ok with multiboot.

So I think FW works well, isn't it? :winking_face:

Please I must know exactly your flash image and the multiboot image that does not boot.
    I actually have no negative feedback at all from FW users, since FlashWizard 6.3 was released.

Do you have 7000 or 7020?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von musicbob ()

• musicbob

FW generally works very well, it takes me 1 min to install an image in multiboot and 2 seconds to boot that image !

Sorry, using a DM 5620 - I like struggling ! :grinning_squinting_face:

[Moderator] Fremdimage, verstößt gegen die Boardregeln [/Moderator]
    If you want to discuss those Images, don't do it in this Board.

Windows XP Pro, SFU server. FW 6.3.

digi_casi

May be, but all my images boot OK in flash. Please do not beat musicbob, he is an excellent Professor ! :grinning_squinting_face:

Regards, pcd.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Sorry m8, I don't have 5620, never tested FW on it.
    I know that many users use FW with 5620, but I cannot help if there are incompatibilities between images... you should ask to users on some forum for 5620 ...