EPG slow to load

• The EPG on the DM800HD PVR takes forever to load and everytime the box goes on standby (not shutdown) they get reset (needs to load them again).
    Also it seems it only loads the EPG after you've surfed through a channel.

Is there a way to get them updated automatically?

• First: an original dreambox does not lose its epg on standby and even not on deep standby (as far as supported by Hardware).
    Then: yes it only loads epg from transponders you switched to... That for there is plugin called epg refreshthat zaps through your channels at night (or at any configurable time) and reads the epg for all channels...

• EPG data only gets lost on a crash. In Standby, on a safe shutdown or whatever EPG Data will not be lost.

If you loose EPG Data, something is wrong with your box or software.

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Homey>If you loose EPG Data, something is wrong with your box or software.
    I'm not aware of frequent crashes (they are quite rare) but it's my observation too that EPG data gets lost under normal usage.
    As an example, channel XY may show 30 days of EPG info today and tomorrow all its EPG will be gone.
    That's rather annoying with a single tuner.

I've installed EPGrefresh since and can forget about this issue for the commonly watched channels.

Using Dreambox 800SE (Sat), Image 2.0.0-20120809 and FlashExtender + EPGRefresh + moviecut