Get Screen Instance

• Hi to all. I have a plugin on my Dreambox DM800 that opens a Screen (visible, with some buttons) when it is called by the menu of dreambox. Beside this, it opens a different screen (not visible) when it is called by autostart. The class that is started in autostart has a timer so that it is running on background. I have this need:

When I call the plugin by the menu of dreambox, the procedure that is started needs to take the istance of the one that is running in background for controlling it (close, change variables and so on).

How can I do this?
    Thank you.

• Thank you for your fast reply, but it appears it doesn't work. I mean: I have 3 files:

plugin.py
    background.py
    plugin2.py

The first file has at top the import of the other two files and the global screen_istance. Now, if in the autostart def I have the global screen_istance and then the assigment of this variable I have the following:

In all the defs of background.py (that is used just by the autorun def at the start of enigma2) I can read the global variable. In the plugin2 where I have all the procedures (called by the main def in plugin.py called by the plugin descriptor) I cannot read the global. It appears that as the plugin is called in the autostart and then in the menu of dreambox, it cannot read the global defined at the moment of the autostart.
    Thank you.