Now at last! A cool web interface built for Enigma 2!

• Sorry for the misguided headline, but I just wanted the right peoples attention.

It writes and talks a lot in this forum about web interface for Enigma 1.

I must say that it seems like a smooth and useful solution on al machines built on Enigma 1.

Pity then for me because I own a DM7025. And only just for that reason on another hand nice machine.

But what I can’t find on this forum is concrete time line or release date for any web interface for Enigma 2.

Is their any developer working on such a solution today?

Anyone?

I’m just a little bit curios.

DM7025S | 250 GB HDD | RGB/YUV

• Yes, a webgui should be nice but I think that thera are some things that are more important before that.

Exampel, some channels sends both the dubbed sound (French and German) and at the same time they also send original sound (English).
    With Enigma1 you could set priority of sound and always get English.

Classic remote. the old beloved Neutrino style remotecontrol. Lots of people is today manual chaining in keymap.xml to get the classic remote.

As I understand from CVS is a Teletext modul in working progress right now :smiling_face:

And the a webgui would be really nice so that you could stream from the Dreambox to your computer, miss that much. I have compiled and installed tuxbox-stream but I cant change the channel remote.

/WeeGull

• Zitat

But what I can’t find on this forum is concrete time line or release date for any web interface for Enigma 2.
    Is their any developer working on such a solution today?x

There's been a lot of discussion about this in the German part of this forum.

As always, no time line is given regarding development on the web interface (or any other feature)

The consensus was that finishing essential features of Enigma2 have priority over a web interface, which will come afterwards.

• I have to say what I already said in one german thread:

The webinterface vor enigma1 was never made by developers of Dream Multimedia but by a volunteer that liked to program this.

This person will not code a webinterface for enigma2, so that at the moment there is no webinterface in sight.

Whether the Dream- developers decide to deliver this functionality or not is not clear at the moment, because they still have a lot more important things to do.

So we have to wait for them to announce a web- interface or for any other "free" programmer to do so.

HTH
    Tode