is there documentation for VTUNER changes?

• Looks like VTUNER driver has changed during transition from 2.6.18-7.3 to 2.6.18-7.4 (that is, during transition to API5).

I see in the log that VTUNER is sending message with ID # 16 (10 times, just before the tuning attempt).
    While in usbtuner (or extuner) all message IDs are defined only up to 14.
    I guess, if #16 exists, #15 exist as well.

But these changes were not documented anywhere. At least I can not find any info.
    Anybody knows where to look for this info?
    and how to modify usbtuner/extuner to be able to work in 2.6.18-7.4 ?

Added:
    Is this msg #16 the same as S2API is using to setup advanced properties of the tuning (FE_SET_PROPERTY)?
    I also saw msg #17. Is it FE_GET_PROPERTY?

what's the format of the message? how "dtv_properties" is pushed into this msg?
    is it something like this?

then this msg #16 (if it's FE_SET_PROPERTY) should be called only once.
    But it's called up to 10 times, as if it use "dtv_property" as a parameter (and not "dtv_properties"). That is, each S2API specific parameter is sent in a separate #16 message.

Can you please give som documentation on that?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von genpix ()

• ok, dumping the info into debug traces, I figured out that new call #16 is sending
    struct dtv_property
    (not dtv_properties, as I thought before).
    And I'm able to forward this call to s2api-compatible dvb driver (via FE_SET_PROPERTY)

The only problem, VTUNER continue to send legacy FE_SET_FRONTEND commands.
    It sends this legacy command immediately after last call #16.
    Effectively ruining everything which was set-up by these #16 calls, because FE_SET_FRONTEND reverts delivery_system back to DVB_DVBS (at least in the v4l version which DMM uses for 2.6.18-7.4).

That is, all the current pumps (usbtuner, extuner, genpix_pump) do not work properly with USB DVB-s2 cards anymore (all DVB-S2 calls are replaced with DVB-s calls).

I edited my own pump (genpix_pump):
    it does not pass FE_SET_FRONTEND requests from vtuner anymore, it replaces it with DTV_TUNE (via FE_SET_PROPERTY).
    And now DVB-S2 USB cards are back in business.

But still, I don't know what call #17 is.
    Is it important? or I can ignore it?

It would be nice if DMM will finally document the changes they made in vtuner in 2.6.18-7.4 kernel.
    Cause all DVB-S2 USB tuner owners are left dead in the water.

• thanks.
    Now I see what I was missing.
    Have not figure out what MSG_TYPE_CHANGED, MSG_DISCOVER, and MSG_UPDATE (#15, #1025, #1026) are used for yet.

• Hi,

Have not figure out what MSG_TYPE_CHANGED, MSG_DISCOVER, and MSG_UPDATE (#15, #1025, #1026) are used for yet.

MSG_TYPE_CHANGED is used for "Multi Frontend" tuners, eg. upcoming DVB-C/T combi for DM500HD.
    If your hardware supports several frontend types (which might not be true in your case), you can register them, so that the user can choose the frontend to use from enigma2.

The other two messages are introduced by the application.

Roland