Not recieving fta channels

• As of yesterday i am now the proud owner of a dreambox 7025
    Unfortunatly thats when the problems began.

After setting up the reciever and scanning for channels, the reciever only found about 50 channels.
    this was after scanning 3 sattelites (astra19.2 & astra-eurobird 28.2 and hotbird 13 degrees).
    As an added bonus all the channels the reciever could find were all encrypted.
    The dish is fitted on a stab motor (disceq 1.2) and moves ok.
    the firmware of the reciever is updated to the latest version available.
    The SNR & AGC of the channels (encrypted) that are recieved is between 70 and 80 %.
    I reconnected my old reciever (Aston Simba) and all the FTA channels are available.
    I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here but i can't for the likes of me think what.

Anybody have any suggestions???

• Are you shure you have the rotor setup up correctly?

I have had extreme problems in setting up my STAB HH100 Rotor with the 7025. I would try this.

Tell your 7025 you have *no Rotor* and can only receive Astra 19.2. Now connect your old receiver and watch an Astra channel to make sure the dish points towards Astra 19.2. Turn off that receiver and perform a channel scan on the 7025 for Astra only. I would not be surprised if you get all channels now. Try the same for the two other positions afterwards.

If this works, you have a rotor setup problem.
    I "solved" this by moving the dish to the positions where I wanted it using another receiver and marking them with some chalk. Then I used the 7025 rotor plugin to move the dish to those markings and saved them.

Hope this helps.

If this does not work, you need to give a detailed description on how your setup is. Also, you might want to check if the satellite cable is connected to the input (lower) and not the output (upper) connector...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von almoss ()

• THanks almoss!!!!!
    It works great the way you descibed.

btw would you know of any dish rotor wich works well with the 7025?
    (wich is available in belgium. maybe i could go for two, using both tuners :winking_face: )

Any way thanks again
    best regards, Mirten

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mirten ()

• Zitat

THanks almoss!!!!!
    It works great the way you descibed.

btw would you know of any dish rotor wich works well with the 7025?(wich is available in belgium. maybe i could go for two, using both tuners Augenzwinkern )

No, but I have high hopes that the satfinder plugin will improve and include a working sat-finder in a couple of months.

Until then I would just wait...

• Just out of curiosity,
    could it be that my stab HH100 is worn out? (it,s 4 years old in direct sunlight)
    Because when i grab the dish i can actually move it back and forward (not much and without using any force) a few degrees.
    Could it be that the gears are worn out?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mirten ()

• Zitat

My StabHH100 works very fine with usals

Mine would probably do the same, if it had been set up to work with it.

When I bought it, I had only an analog receiver that didn't support it, so
    unless I go through the trouble of completely re-installing it USALS is
    not an option. Also the mast the rotor is connected to is not pointing up
    the way it should. It's about 5° off the ideal position - USALS should
    not work without considering this.
    Alas I can't just put up a new mast - I'm happy enough my landlord
    doesn't give me much trouble over this one.

When I got my 7000S, moving the dish manually was extremly easy.
    starting from a known position you could move the dish in small steps east or west.
    So you'd just look up a working frequency on the next satellite and move the motor
    with a few clicks. With the 7025, without a working sat finder, you have to move the dish
    blindly, so it's a bit difficult to do this. But at least it is doable.

When I set up the rotor for the first time it took me almost a full day to get the Astra 2D
    receiption right (including of setting up the receiver + TV on the roof so I can get this to
    work) so I'm not touching this again untill I absolutely have to.

Zitat

Just out of curiosity,could it be that my stab HH100 is worn out? (it,s 4 years old in direct sunlight)

Mine is older - but does not move if I grab the dish.