DM500 HD - after hours of operation loses video or locks up

• I have recently upgraded my DM7000-S to a new DM500 HD. I am gradually this working, but it has been a bit of a struggle.

I got the networking and use of the steerable dish going on Sunday, and left the DM500HD on. On Monday when I got home from work, about 20 hours later, the box did not respond to any key-presses on the remote, or to the front panel OFF button. I powered it off using the switch on the back, then on again, and it started up OK. I left it on again overnight.

This morning, about 10 hours later, the 'box was working, but was not showing any video streams. I could see all the on-screen menus, and hear the audio from TV and Radio, but I could not see any TV, or the radio 'blue' background, or watch any recorded movies. A 'Restart GUI' did not fix it, but a 'Restart' did. The board temp was 32 degrees.

Has anyone else seen these types of behaviour ?

Thanks

John

John Robinson, York, England.

• Hello

A week ago I updated the image on the DM500HD to 3.0.1. The problem is still there, and if anything, the video disappears more often.

I have increased the fan to about 3300 rpm, and the temperature is reported as 32C.

Does anybody else have this or a similar problem, or any suggestions as to how to investigate it ?

Thanks

John

John Robinson, York, England.