Control Enigma2 with a regular USB keyboard

• Hello

My remote controller broke and I had to find an alternative in order continue using my DM7025. I modified the keymap.xml file and added new bindings to map each key of the RC to a key on the keyboard. If you think this functionnality can be useful to some, I'll be glad to share this file. Note: This is just for Enigma2, so Tuxtxt doesn't work with keyboard for now.

cu

• tuxtxt has its own rc-routine and did not use the one from e2. If you would use the keyboard with tuxtxt you have to patch the rc routines inside tuxtxt, open the keyboard device and map the keys inside the code. But the code from tuxtxt has grown up over the years, so it is not as easy because a lot of the parts which have to be edited are spread across the whole source :winking_face:

• In my shell plugin for DM 7025 there is now the possibility included to load an enhanced keymap.xml file from Einsteini which allows at least to better type commands with an USB Keyboard in this shell plugin.

If you want I could add the possiibility to load your keymap.xml too
    (it saves the standard one before changing it, and you can restore it to the standard one also from the plugin)

Ciao
    thowi

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• No problem, you can use my keymap.xml. You can download it here : http://insektoplasm.free.fr/keymap.xml
    The Enigma2 developpers have started including keyboard support in keymap.xml. My version is based on keymap.xml r1.81 so it will only work on recent CVS images.

On this page you can find a table with key mappings. It's in French but if I can translate it.

• Thanks

In the next version of the shell plugin (2.1) I'll simply add the functionality to include up to 14 keymap.xml files in a keymap.lst file (similar to the commands.lst that shell Plugin verison 2.0 currently uses for defining user speficic shell commands)

There I'll include 3 usefull keymaps for the 7025 as templates that I found so far (Einsteinis optimized for command typing with usb keyboard, yours for controlling menu interface/remote emulation, and a simple one with neutrino stype zapping)

It will probably thake 1-2 wee(end)s until It will show up, because mutliboot4.1 needs to be finished first.

I can read enough french to understand your homepage (but 20 years out of shool and never really using it except on vacation didn't do good), so don't worry,
    but if users start playing with the keymap it might be usefull to have it in in Anglaise :winking_face:

ciao
    thowi

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• I will try your plugin ASAP. Don't forget that it works only with a very recent version of Enigma2, so users of well known non-original images won't be able to use it. Of course we can adapt it older images if necessary.

I will try to find time to translate my webpage, because it gives useful informations about keymapping.

Cheers.

• Nice plugin going to test it as soon as I can.

Tmbinc made some update to CVS to improve the neutrino-style so it might be good to make a update soon when the support ends up in different images.

<key id="KEY_OK" mapto="openServiceList" flags="mr" />

This will open servicelist without moving the cursor up or down one channel.

/WeeGull

Zitat

Originally posted by thowi
    your keymap is now one of the 3 examples that I include in my shellplugin Verison 3.0 - see attachment.

Ciao
    thowi

• Feel free to do so - you now can easily ship you plugin as an addon to the shell plugin (if people are to lazy to FTP it at the right places as described in the readme.txt)

Simply copy it to the right place and then do this:

cd /
    tar -cvf /var/tmp/keymapneutrino.tar /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Shell/keymaps/keymap_neutrinoname.xml
    bzip2 /var/tmp/keymapneutrino.tar

This will give you a keymapneutrino.tar.bzw file which you can post either here or better in the other board which is the home of my plugins (there I posted also your first neutrino keymap as such an addon to the shell plugin, but now it is included in the shell kit as example)

If oyu don't have bzip2 installed go to the shell plugin directory
    from above (monis the keymap subdirectory) and enter

ipkg install bzip*

Ciao
    thowi

• Offizieller Beitrag

It would be nice to explain how to acitivate the module without the blue panel so that not only users of unsupported images can take the profit of your work.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• You're right Olove, but I don't know how to do it, except via telnet. If you know how to activate the module with the remote control, I'll be glad to include this information on my webpage.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Via telnet should be ok :smiling_face:
    There is no way with the RC in official images.

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• If ou ask for shell plugin to install without BP - it can be easily
    unpacked in ANY image as stated in the readme.txt:

FTP shell*.tar.bz2 File to /var/tmp

Logon via telnet, then:

cd /
    bunzip /var/tmp/shell*
    tar -xvf /var/tmp/shell*

killall enigma2

and it should be there

Have fun,
    thowi

PS: BP Manual install simply does then commands from above via a menu interface.

PS: And the shell plugin includes these commands also, meaning you can after installing it via telnet then install other *.tar.bz2 files without telnet - see archive section of shell plugin for this feature.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• I installed your Keymap.xml file on my Dreambox and it is working. But now i want to map some special keys on my keboard. (I have extra buttons for play, stop, rewind, forward... on my keyboard)

The problem is that i dont know how this buttons are named on the dreambox. Is there a way to find out the name for these buttons?

• I think 3c5x9 posted a nice trick - stop einigma and start it from a telnet, then press the buttons and from the errors you will see what the button names are if I rememebr right :winking_face:

• I tried this trick, but on the telnet i only saw the commands that where executed when I pressed a mapped button. When i pressed an unmapped button nothing hapened.