DM800 HD PVR & Dream Box Edit by Llama Ware.

• Hi All.

I currently have a DM 600 PVR and am thinking of upgrading to a DM 800 HD PVR.I have saved all my channels and Bouquets from the DM 600 PVR using Dream Box Edit by Llama Ware. http://dreamboxedit.digsat.net/index.html

My question is that if I do upgrade to the new DM 800 HD PVR can I transfer 'easily' all my saved channels and Bouquets stored on my computer/network using the Dream Box Edit software or will I have to manually go through the individual satellites and channels with the handset and store all the bouquets and channels one at a time? I am unsure if the Dream Box Edit software is a compatible with both Dream Box systems. Ultimately, it would be great if I could just log into my new DM 800 HD PVR and load all the Bouquets and channels which I previously had and hey presto!

I am unable to find the answer anywhere so some expert advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Regards.

DM800 HD PVR

• Hi Maxl.

Thanks for the help. I googled your suggestion and found a zipped file of the latest Dream Box Edit 3.0.3.0 software installed it and copied all the flies, channels and bouquets from my DM 600 PVR to my computer.Once I get the new DM 800 HD PVR I will transfer the data and fingers crossed, that should be that.

I’ll keep you posted on my success.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards. :grinning_squinting_face:

• Hi All.

Well I guess it was asking too much for it to be easy. I have now downloaded the latest version of the DreamBox Edit 3.0.0.1 and have purchased and installed my fantastic new DM 800 HD PVR.

When I try to transfer all the saved bouquets/channels from my computer to the DM 800 HD PVR I get an array of error messages. Try as I might, I cannot seem to resolve the problem. I am once again hoping that there is an expert out there that can assist me in my endeavours to have all my channel/bouquets data transferred to my new box.

The error message I get is as listed below:

Connecting to 192.168.1.7.
    Connected.
    Dreambox response: Login successful.
    ** Getting directory list /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/* **
    Starting FTP transfer
    Transfer complete
    ** Sending file "/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/services" **
    Starting FTP transfer
    Transfer aborted
    Error sending file "services" to the Dreambox.
    Disconnecting.
    Disconnected.

Any ideas as to how to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance.
    Regards

• Your Option settup is still for enigma1 !

Set to enigma2 and you have the correct paths for enigma2 !

The DM 800 HD PVR is a enigma2 box :smiling_face:

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

• Hi SiennaRoot.

I did what you said and it ‘appears’ to have worked. HOWEVER, I cannot seem to get the bouquets etc on the DM 800 HD PVR. I have turned off, reloaded, restarted, and rebooted everything a million times but it still has not loaded into the DM 800 HD PVR. I am sure it is something simple or a setting I need to change but I am clueless as to what that could be.

ANY ideas as to how to make it all come together?

Once again, many thanks in advance.

Regards.

• OK when you have set the paths for enigma2 in the option settings of DBEdit !

Options -> Profile -> Button (Enigma2 Settings)

and also checked that you have : Settingstype 4 (switch in menue extra)

the download seems work now for you ,

after that, very important when you download changes on lamedb to the box,
    execute the upper right button "Reload Seetings on the box"

then it will executed an "killall -9 enigma2" on the box that will reload also the lamedb !!!!

only when you modifiy channles in bouqutes, this is not needful, but for modifications on lamedb a "killall -9 enigma2" is essential, because Enigma2 can not reload lamedb :winking_face:

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SiennaRoot ()