Exit button on webremote (webcontrol / boxcontrol) malfunction.

• Hello all!

I use a DM8000, and since a few weeks i notice that when i control the dreambox by:
    Webcontrol > Boxcontrol > Webremote
    That the red "Exit" button don't work anymore.
    With the result that i can't get out of the menu's.
    I asked on OpenPli forum, but they suggest to ask here, so that's why this topic.
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.pli-images.org/files/attachments/exit_button_malfunction.png] <- The red "exit" button won't work anymore when i click on it with browser/mouse.(other buttons work)

What can their be done to have a working "Exit" button on the webremote? Reflashing didn't work.
    Thanks for help solving this issue.

• In the cvs this Problem was fixed weeks ago .

So maybe you should use a more recent Image or ask the developers of your Image to give you an update.

cu

floh

• Just to make it clear: That bug got fixed inside the WebIf Plugin, after a change in enigma2 where the input devices changed after a driver update!

Maybe you only updated drivers but not enigma2 or the plugins !? With latest WebIf Plugin it should work ...

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• A admin of openpli told me, that it will be updated in openpli, if the bugfix is added in the git repository (as stable fix).
    Because the switch from cvs to git was a year ago.

And really, it's only the red exit button on the webremote, it's not a joke.

Can the fix been added into the git repository?

• It's the WebIf plugin which is broken and not compatible anymore with newest drivers.

So why not simply updating your WebIf plugin to the latest version?

The WebIf is controling the KEYBOARD Device now on your DM8000, instead the Remote-Control Device. A Keyboard has no EXIT Button so it's not working anymore ...

A few lines in the RemoteControl.py file of the webif are broken, it should look like this now:

Code
    if HardwareInfo.device_name == "dm8000":
    	fp = open("/dev/input/event1", 'wb')
    else:
    	fp = open("/dev/input/event0", 'wb')

If I remember right it currently looks like this on your box now:

Code
    if HardwareInfo.device_name == "dm8000":
    	fp = open("/dev/input/event2", 'wb')
    else:
    	fp = open("/dev/input/event1", 'wb')

This doesn't work anymore ... so if you update your webif to the latest version (like from www.dreamboxupdate.com) it will work again ...

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Thanks for the information. :thumbs_up:
    I reported it at the openpli forums , so hopefully they will update the webif plugin soon. :winking_face_with_tongue:

Update: It's solved by the OpenPli update of today. Way cool, this topic can be removed.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky ()