how to compile Driver for DM800 ?

• i have a linux Driver For Linksys WUSB100V2, and i want to compile it to work on DM800.
    i am using Ubuntu 9.10 , but when i build the driver there it does not work on DM800!
    what should i do ?
    Thanks

• Is this driver compatible with our *old* Linux Kernel ? 2.6.12 or 2.6.18 !?

Most of the linux drivers are for newer Linux Kernels and don't work with our *old* kernel or dreambox hardware...

If this driver is for kernel 2.6.20 - 2.6.30 ... forget it :winking_face:

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• I'm also very interessted, because i need to compile the driver for my dvb-t stick. Since the new Kernel my Stick should work know. But i don't know where i need to start to create a driver for a DM800.

Thanks for help!

Best regards

• You need either a gcc on your Box (gutemine says it's easy 8|) or a cross-compiler on your linux-pc...

For me the second is easiest... You can get a ready-to-use cross-compiler when you set up a openembedded-enviroment and then use the devshell (board search or google may help...)
    It's quite easy as there are plenty of instructions and also a great script (by adenin) out there to set up a openembedded for dreambox...

But as I'm a real linux noob, I'm really not sure whether this is that easy for building drivers...

so long
    m0rphU

• OK.
    what about modified question (from a person who kinda knows how to write drivers):
    is there a way to write a DVB driver for USB tuner so it would work without vtuner interface?
    Cause "generic_dvb_driver->vtuner" pimp is waaaaay slow (it takes about 40% of CPU time even on SD channel).

I understand, DMM guys are not interested in supporting third-party DVB cards, but do they have an alternative to genpix tuners (to offer similar capabilities)?

• OK.
    what about modified question (from a person who kinda knows how to write drivers):
    is there a way to write a DVB driver for USB tuner so it would work without vtuner interface?
    Cause "generic_dvb_driver->vtuner" pimp is waaaaay slow (it takes about 40% of CPU time even on SD channel).

I understand, DMM guys are not interested in supporting third-party DVB cards, but do they have an alternative to genpix tuners (to offer similar capabilities)?

+1 to better support vtuner in term of CPU usage

alternative solution is available with tuners BCM4505 and 4506
    the news are about that turbo-fec is in Ghost's to do list, keep pur fingers crossed