APU(Audio processing unit) opportunities on DM8000 ?

• Hi to all Dreambox knowitall's :thumbs_up:

On another forum of OpenPLi we are thinking about more audio options in image software.
    So I got a few hardware questions, to find out if their is or can be hardware that is capable of those requested audio options.
    Like upsampling audio to 96KHz 24bit, 32bands graphic equalizer for each channel. (so 2.0 = 2x32bands, 5.1 = 5x32bands, from 20 till 150Hz off, and 1x from 20 - 150Hz for lfe).
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.yourstop.org/hifi/THX/thx_certified.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.gersic.com/plugins/plugimages/tdae.eq2032.png
    So my questions is:
    -What kind of chipset is handling the audio processing on the DM8000 by default. Is it the Broadcom BCM7400 chip?
    -If the DM8000 doesn't have requested hardware for audio processing, then i'm willing to ask hardware vendors if they want to create sort of 24bit/96KHz (THX qualified) soundcard to connect in the socket that the extra snap-in DVB tuners use. But what kind of socket is it on the DM8000 mainboard, where the snap-in DVB tuners are connected to, is it PCI-express?

I hope i can get some feedback about this topic, because it would really be awesome if we got some stunning audiophyle settings/options on our Dreambox(in my case DM8000). Or It would be a miracle if their will be a state of the art studio quality audio card to connect in a place where a snapin tuner is connected to.

Greetings, Jeroen from Amsterdam.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky ()

• for beginig i would like see longer amplitude of volume control
    mipsel dreams have just 20 positions + mute
    clasic powerpc dreams have 30 + mute

widh dm7020 werent requered touch second RC to make louder at day time, and down level at evenings as it now with 8k :frowning_face:

• Volume control is mainly for the analog output. it's not nessesary on Digital outputs, since we prefer a standard digital output amplitude(for the digital audio receiver)

• hmm, i dont mind E2 will have optionaly ability turn of volume control on digital out or hdmi out,
    but amplitude also must be fixed(increased to same level as previous Dreambox models)

in one room i have dm8k + Philips TV, there is more or less easy switch Dreambox RC to tv mode and make correction of tv volume
    but other room has dm8k + Receiver and then i have to touch another RC

also didnt get success with reprogramming Dreambox RC trough JP1 - made simple interface troug which didn connect

• Offizieller Beitrag

MartiniB: Can you please stop capturing threads with your topics? Start own threads for own topics that would spare a lot of confusion.

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.