Parental control in Web Interface

• It seems to me that Parental Control does not work with the Web Interface (i.e. Locked channels can still be accessed va the web interface without the need to enter the pin number). Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

This is my configuration:

Enigma Version: D2009.06.12.21.45.47-Jun 12 2009

Image Version: dev-2009-06-12

Frontprozessor Version: VNone

Webinterface Version: 1.5rc1

Image - ****** 430

• Thank you for youre reply. I was going through the code of the Web Interface and could see that there are functions that call the parental control interface, that is why I thought that I was missing something or that there is a bug. Maybe these funciton calls are not yet being invoked.

Unfortunately protecting the Webinterface through an authentication password is not quite the same, since it blocks access to all channels, not just to specific ones.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yeah, I do know that :).

There are some basic Problems with Parental Control via webinterface.

IIRC the old implementation was pure "Client-Side" Parental Control, which is, as more and more native-clients are coming up, not the way you actually want to go.
    So we need a nice and good to-handle "server-side" solution which is also client-specific. And that's the major problem... going the frontend-way sucks, going the backend-way raises the problem that you can have multiple clients at a time (all having different "permissions").

It's just not THAT simple... but a must admit I didn't even start thinking about a clean solution...