• Hi!
    I had some troble with cleanupwizard plugin.
    It works fine, but on 7025 it is too "intrusive", as far as that decoder will always have free memory less then 2MB.
    So at every reboot you have to fight with its intervention.
    It is a little boring, and in case of an unattended reboot the system could stay hours (or days) with that screen.
    I made some experiments, and it seems that programmed recordings starts normally, but others concurrent functions (eg. programmed epg download failed) could have problems.
    So in my opinion it would be better if this plugin become activable/deactivable, and perhaps, even configurable, letting the user choose the limit for its intervention.
    What do you think about?

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

• hi Spaelos,
    just remove the systemplugin cleanupwizard to prevent the start of the annoying wizard at every reboot...

Well, al least someone hearing... :thumbs_up:
    Thx Dark Volli, but be sure that it's the first thing I done....
    The problem is not avoiding the annoying wizard at every reboot: it's having a useless plugin embedded by default into 7025 images. And could be amusing the use of cleanupwizard for just remove itselves... :face_with_rolling_eyes: but it couldn't be the solution.
    IMO, the possible solutions are:
    1) make it configurable, and provide the possibility to enable/disable it, having it disabled by default (like, e.g., crashlogautosubmitter),

and/or

2) Remove it from dreambox-image.bb for 7025
    Could be I'm worng, but it seems to me that the poor little old 7025 is quite neglected from coders, involved with its big brothers 8000/800....
    It's a pity, as far it is still a great decoder!

• Hi! It's me again...
    Thanks a lot for the update! :thumbs_up:
    Just to be precise (read: boring :grinning_squinting_face: ) there is stilla a small detail into cleanupwizard.xml :

Code
    <text value="Welcome to the cleanup wizard.\n\nWe have detected that your available internal memory has dropped below 2MB.\n

If it's not possible to import config.plugins.cleanupwizard.threshold value from plugin.py, I think it would be better change the string with something like

Code
    <text value="Welcome to the cleanup wizard.\n\nWe have detected that your available internal memory has dropped below the alarm threshold set .\n

And, BTW, I think that it would be better to let the name of the plugin not translateable, as it is a kind of "trademark" of the plugin itself.
    I remember a discussion on this subject some times ago with other people, and we all agree on this opinion.

Bye

spaeleus