DM8000 price == clone market

• Hi. I've been searching underground forums lately, cause I'm planning to get an HD box and wanted to know how things are. The price of the DM8000 (I got tired of waiting, that's why I only know about it know...!) is so hight that the clone market is raising like never before. I hope DMM realizes this and put the price down a bit, when released maybe it made some sense to have an higher price but now it's getting ridiculous. You also see a lot of good alreanatives getting decent support from 3rdt party software teams. Sif team for example, used to make one of the best if not the best images around, they've expanded support for the IPBox9000 / Cuberevo.
    I'm just frustrated of waiting so long and now not having the cash to buy the DM8000.
    Come one guys, be little realistic and we'll all win in the end.. :frowning_face:

• would you write the same message to Mercedes to make themstop the Lexus sales ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• That's a bad comparison, 1st of all the dream hardware is not famous for being absolutely brilliant, specially the 1st versions. The software is though, or at least the software that you are able to run on these boxes, if you know what I mean, but that's not official...
    There's a possibility that Dream themselves are not that aware of what is happening on the "underground", there's really so much sales they're losing because of stupid high pricing...

But anyway, I agree partially with an higher price tag on these boxes, just not how it is now(!), and I wanted to relaunch the debate on this...

• would you write the same message to Mercedes to make themstop the Lexus sales ?

Lexus and mercedes are different car maker, have different engines, lexus doesnt put a mercedes badge on their cars :smiling_face:

this is plagiarism, dream should make legal case against cloners

This is a wrong comparaison dude ! It is ridiculous to pay 1000 euros for a small box with few chip in it just to watch tv.

The problem started with the 7025 which was expensive because there was just a twin tuner in it => price 2 times higher than 7020 !!! Crazy isn't it ?

So it is the same for the 8000 which is double price of the 800.

Indeed clones are already available for 400$. May be new time bomb will be available for these clone ?

• So don't buy a dm800 then, if you feel it's to expensive. I know I won't buy it, because I think it's to expensive.

But as long as there is a demand and people are paying 1000 eur, then who are we to say that the price point is wrong?

And as long as Dream keeps manufacturing their STBs in China, then of course there will be clones regardless of the official price point. It's a well known fact in the industry, that a secret shared with a chinese manufacturer is not a secret any more...