OpenTV EPG & Dreambox

• Hi everybody!

Surfing the Reel forum, I found out that reel developers embedded into their source a new plugin called LoadEPG (initially coded by Lukkino for VDR), that is able to parse EPG in OpenTV format and integrate it into native EPG browser.
    That means for British and Italian users to have their provider's EPG ready to surf easy, merged toghether withy other format EPG.
    Is there any possibility to have this kind of opportunity also avaible for enigma2?
    For now we already have some plugin that allow to parse that kind of EPG, but without integration into native E2 EPG or not free-source.
    I know that It is a solution where every EPG needs the use of a dictionary to work, but it isn't a problem having it almost ready, and with the opportunity to update them when needed.
    The really hard thing is having the code for parsing OpenTV EPG into cvs source... :face_with_rolling_eyes:

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

• Have you ever had a look at the enigma2 "plugin" named "e2_loadepg" ?
    It is not really a plugin but a small python application which can enrich
    an enigma2 EPG with EPG data from Sky Italia and some more.
    Use the forums search to find more information.

Regards

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• Yes, I know, thanks.
    I know that software as far as it was born (when it wans't yet a python plugin but only a PC utility....)
    It is great, and was the first effort to have sky it EPG again, but one thing is a third part developed plugin, manteined from teams other then DMM developers, and another thing is having it embedded into enigma2 stable branch.
    We could take as an example the unicable stuff: originally it was "only" an adenin's matter, now it's firmly part of e2 source.
    You must agree that it isn't the same thing...

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Spaeleus ()

• Quote ALL !

Why not insert the "opentv-epg" into cvs? there is already a patch for BSkyB (Freesat-EPG patch) and one for sky it would be very simil (only different PIDS)

Thanks

dm500 - dm7000 - dm7025 - dm800 - dm8000