AC3 Lip Sync Plugin Version 0.7-2009-07-29-r0

• You have made a great plugin but there are some problems: latest version (02-22-r0) does not always keep the correct playback position during adjustment, sometimes it just starts playback from the beginning.

Another problem is that when I adjust (PCM) delay during movie playback, press Green-button and then press Exit-button twice to close the menus, I get a messagebox asking if I want to resume playback from the last position. And I get that messagebox many times, looks like if I adjust delay for example 5 steps, I also get the messagebox 5 times...

In Enigma's options I have set Resume from last position = ask user. If I set it to "yes", I get just one messagebox saying that playback resumes from the last position. But I don't want to use that setting.

I'm using Enigma2 CVS version 16.1.2009, I don't know if this happens with latest versions.

• new release in the first post. Fixed the problem, that the Infobar does not show after using the plugin.

But unfortunately I could not fix the messagebox- issue... I restart the service and could not find out how to suppress this message if it is configured to show....

Sorry.. i will investigate that later... Probably someone can help me here...

Tode

• neue Version im ersten Post. Bugfix für den Setup- Teil (Werte wurden nicht richtig gespeichert)

Fix für den Messagebox- Bug.

Finally fixed the messagebox- Bug. New Version in the first post...

• Finally fixed the messagebox- Bug. New Version in the first post...

Thank you!

There is still a problem with the playback position, sometimes it resets to the start of the movie. Looks like it happens always if I adjust (PCM) delay too fast, i.e. press arrow keys 2-4 times without waiting picture to appear. Just try this: press right arrow once and then during that very short period of black screen, press right arrow 2-3 times.

• Few things:
    1.) I'm trying to make a Finnish language translation but "Step in ms for key %i" in the setup menu does not translate, looks like there is something wrong in the Python code of AC3Setup.py.
    2.) I think that you should use green key for storing the settings, that is the standard in all other menus. Then again, I liked the way this was before i.e. green for OK, blue to store the values.
    3.) And finally, I think that selection of calculated/user values (and storing of user values) are really not necessary in the main panel. Setup panel's number key setting is enough.

• Looks like the playback position reset is fixed if I change the file AC3delay.py, in def activateDelay I changed self.timer.start value from 400 to 200. But I haven't tested if this causes other problems...

Other thing I noticed is that main screen skin does not show "AC3:" and "PCM:" texts correctly in the Channel audio row, text is clipped and only "AC" and "PC" is show, also PCM value is missing the "ms" text. I have fixed this by reducing font size to 18 and making those fields a little wider. I know this is not a problem with all skins but looks like it partly happens also with the skin you are using.

With the latest CVS version, setup screen's "Step in ms for key %s" still doesn't seem to translate to other languages.

• I will work on optimization of the screen as you did. The 400ms were just a test- value, that worked fine for me. But if 200ms is better for you, then I will change that as well.

For the translation: I do not see, where the problem with this translation could be. But I will cross- check again with the german translation. Probably I have to use a named variable instead of %s

means:

self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_("Step in ms for key %s" %(str(i))), config.plugins.AC3LipSync.keySteps[i].stepSize))

would then be:

self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_("Step in ms for key %(millisecs)i" %dict(millisecs = i)), config.plugins.AC3LipSync.keySteps[i].stepSize))

If you have the time, you could change this code in the AC3Setup.py and report, if this version can be translated (update your po from source and translate the new string)

Thanx for your help.

Tode

• The problem was that you replaced the variable before passing the string to gettext but you already fixed this when you changed it to use a string value (which is kinda useless but does not do any harm - except for breaking the italian translation :P).

Named variables are useful if you have to change the order in other languages for some reason but is absolutely useless if you only have one variable to replace.

Homescreen eurer Apple-Geräte noch nicht voll genug?

dreaMote: Fernbedienung für Dreamboxen
    Mobile WOL: Wake-on-LAN Client für iOS mit optionalem Widget
    My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

• If you have the time, you could change this code in the AC3Setup.py and report, if this version can be translated (update your po from source and translate the new string)

I tested and it still didn't work. I then added this string to the po: "Step in ms for key 1", made a translation for it and now the setup screen shows this one line correctly translated. So looks like there may still be something wrong with the variable. I think/hope that I put the line correctly to the po...

• thanx a lot ritzMo... as you typed i saw, that the parenthesis where at the wrong position. I will fix this and try to "streamline" the interface a bit.

An idea would be, to use the menu- button for the Usr- key- Settings and use the color keys for the more often used functions like save, ok and audio...

But I will test that.

Another change I want to make today is the delay- thing: Wait for x milliseconds before setting the delay after a keypress to allow multiple key- presses without always setting the delay...

Tode

• Tode:

Da ja mit den neuen Treibern auch ein negativer Audio Delay möglich ist (7.7.) wird es evtl. ein Update deines tollen Plugins geben, damit man das auch bequem einstellen kann ? Würde mich freuen :smiling_face:

• Hallo zusammen. Ich komme gerade aus dem Urlaub zurück. Und da lese ich, dass jetzt negative delays gehen.
    Ich weiss noch nicht, wann ich dazu komme, weil ich jetzt natürlich erst mal im Beruf wieder ranklotzen muss.

Ich hätte nichts dagegen, wenn jemand das auf Schwerkraft übernehmen will, der Quellcode ist ja frei verfügbar.
    Sollte kein sonderlich grosser Aufwand sein.
    Wenn sich niemand findet, werde ich versuchen, mich im Lauf der nächsten Woche drum zu kümmern.

Gruss
    Tode

• Hi, ich denke die halbe Nation ist heiße auf eine neue Version, das Delay bei der DM800/8000 nervt tierisch. Wäre super wenn du bald dafür Zeit dafür hättest.

Mfg David

• Sorry.. ich habe nicht dran gedacht, dieses Forum auch auf den aktuellen Stand zu bringen (blöd wenn man 2 Threads zu einem Thema unterhalten muss).

Anbei mal eine Version 0.7 des Plugins, das sich allerdings in der Bedienung leicht geändert hat.

1. Setup- Bildschirm:

- Es gibt keine Ober- und Untergrenze mehr, sondern nur noch eine Grenze. Diese wird dann als ober und untergrenze verwendet, jeweils mit anderem Vorzeichen:
    Voreinstellung: 1000ms, bedeutet : von -1000ms bis +1000ms
    - Die Zahlentasten wurden ähnlich wie in der Video- Wiedergabe belegt. Jede Zahlenkombination 1/3 , 4/6 und 7/9 springt jetzt eine angegebene Zeit vorwärts bzw. rückwärts. Die Zeit ist einstellbar.
    Default: 1/3 = +-50ms, 4/6 = +-200ms, 7/9 = +-500ms
    - Die Tasten 2 , 5 und 8 sind mit individuellen absoluten Werten vorbelegbar, negative Zahlen können NICHT im Setup- Bildschirm eingegeben werden (das kann Enigma2 nicht), aber übers Plugin gespeichert werden.
    - Die Taste 0 setzt das Delay auf 0ms zurück

2. Plugin

- Der Balken erlaubt jetzt negative Einstellungen
    - Der Wechsel zwischen berechneten Zahlentasten und Benutzerdefinierten Zahlentasten im Menu entfällt wegen der neuen Tastenbelegung.

ACHTUNG: Negative Werte sind scheinbar nur für die 800er und die 8000er in den Treiber eingeflossen, bei der 7025 führen negative delays <= -150ms dazu, dass kein Ton mehr rauskommt . Das gilt für AC3, PCM lässt sich von negativen Werten überhaupt nicht beeinflussen. Vielleicht werden ja auch noch die 7025- Treiber dementsprechend angepasst, aber das müssen die DMM- Devs tun, da closed source.

Sobald genügend positives Feedback kommt, werde ich auch das Plugin im schwerkraft- repository anpassen.

Gruss
    Tode