building an IPKG package

• Hi,

I have used the ipkg-build script to generate an ipkg for my plugin. But when I want to install the package using the ipkg install command, the plugin is being installed on the root, just like if it is not applying what is specified in the Makefile.am.

please check the attached picture for the readouts of the Makefiles and control file of the package

May be I did not understand the principles behind the ipkg installation on thedreambox, so could any one help telling what I'm doing wrong.

I have checked the Makefile.am towards other plugins and I cannot see any differences.

Thanks for help.

• ipkg-build does not use the makefile... it just packs the contents of the specified folder minus the control files as they are found. so you have to keep them in their full path as it would be on the machine.

*EDIT* And don't - I repeat: don't - install a script into /etc - Either use your plugin directory or any folder where scripts make sense (e.g. /usr/bin/).

Homescreen eurer Apple-Geräte noch nicht voll genug?

dreaMote: Fernbedienung für Dreamboxen
    Mobile WOL: Wake-on-LAN Client für iOS mit optionalem Widget
    My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ritzMo ()

• Acknowledge, and thanks for the info.

The script WILL be removed from /etc/

BTW, how do the other guys do there ipkgs then? I looked in to the other plugens on enigma2 and the use the Make.am file

Ohh, one more thing, the script is to be executed by init.d, so actually it should be placed in /etc/init.d/ and it should be linked to rc.d as well so that it is executed at rc level.

Any guidance for how to do this in another way?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von laith.said ()

• Ok, I can tolerate a new script in /etc/init.d :face_with_tongue:

I barely make releases myself and if I do I follow the instructions of the ipkg-build script (which I pretty much gave you in my previous posting).
    The autofoo stuff is so packages can be automatically generated inside OE (Packages will be installed into their destination folder in an image and those will be split up again into individual ipkgs).

Homescreen eurer Apple-Geräte noch nicht voll genug?

dreaMote: Fernbedienung für Dreamboxen
    Mobile WOL: Wake-on-LAN Client für iOS mit optionalem Widget
    My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

• Oh Ok,

So since this is an external packet and is not build through oe, then the only way is to put the files in the complete path.

Thanks for the the help.