DM 8000 user review!

• From the SAT Industry forum:

A DM8000 REVIEW

Just opening the package is like a surprise, the package is a really luxury box.

What strikes me is the size of the dm8000 box, especially if you're used to the DM800.
    The DM8000 has "Stereo Installation" dimensions, so its larger than the DM7025.
    The cabinet is perfectly finished. The front and side panels are "black piano".

Personally I dont like the layout of the LCD screen, but that is a matter of taste.
    Elected for a "greenish" display, which is very legible, but I preferred the colors just like the DM800, white. It seems that OLED displays in those formats / colors are simply not available.

On the inside you can have a look at the PCB, its very well designed, even according to the experts.

You can build in a DVD-RW Slimline player. The software still can not Blu Ray, but I guess this will be just a matter of time, the hardware can handle it.

The image quality is better than the DM800 in my opinion if you look for a longer time and compare it you will see a brighter and sharper image.

Also, the de-interlacing is good, this is not 100% on the DM800. That is reflected for instance on a newsstation on the "RSS infobars". Furthermore, the DM800 is also a fine product, the DM8000 is really for satellite video freaks if you need to have multiple tuners.

The DM8000 comes standard build-in with two S2 tuners, so you basically have enough. There are two free slots to host another S/T or C-tuner.

I Like the future possibility of a Blu-Ray, so you will get a complete multimedia machine.

The remote is almost the same as the DM800, but with an extra row of buttons you have an even better service.

The Enigma2 software is the same as that of the DM800, only with more options of course. The box runs very smooth and is also faster than the DM800 because of the faster processor. I dare say that the DM8000 is now at least as stable as the DM800. I am currently running a beta version of the PLI image in the box, and there is not a single bug that I can find. Havent seen a problems yet. Ofcourse, the coming next time drivers and software are updated more frequently by DMM for even more functionality.

Apparently DMM is nevertheless succeeded in making the DM8000 into a high class product. For Dreambox fans, this device will cost as much as € 999.00 (suggested retail consumer price). A whole bunch of money, but for me the hobby it is worth it.

"Good things come to those, who wait."