Sky Digital - can i?

• I currently have a FTA receiver at home pointed to the sky sat and receive the free channels at home.

I have another place where i need to get sky for my tenant, but i only want to provide it if they pay the subscription. my idea was; -

- put a 2nd hand sky box in the other place
    - get a dreambox for my home
    - let the other guy use the sky subscription card in the sky box (when its being paid for)
    - use the sky card in the dreambox at home (when the tenant does not want to pay)

can someone me if this is possible please? i was lead to believe the cards are linked to the h/w. Does this mean i can't get a 2nd hand sky box then?

thanks

• Sky UK cards are paired with their boxes, but this is only relevant for Sky+ services and for the premium channels (Sky Sports and Sky Movies).

All the regular channels will work in EVERY Sky Box, no matter if the card is paired with it or not.

To use the Sky card in the Dreambox you will need special tools, which are NOT supported in this official Dreambox Forum - you will need to search for another place to get information about this. But I can tell you already, that the pairing is irrelevant for using the card in the dreambox, so you'll be able to get all the channels in the Dreambox.

Greets
    Zodac

• Thanks Zodac

Actually i'm on the mainland and was thinking of picking up a 2nd unit for my flat. It is primarly an expat convenience so i would expect that a tenant who wants sky will requie the sports channels at a minimum.

Because of the cost and trouble of getting a card on the mainland, i don't want to leave give the tenant the paid service unless they pay for it, thus the desire to use in the dreambox.

So in summary, you are saying i should not buy a 2nd hand unit if i want to provide the sports channel in the sky box, but should buy a match pair.

If i then use the card in the dreambox will it still work if i put back to the sky box later?

cheers for the info.

lastly re the dreambox, if i want two dishes one for 28E and for 19E (i think it is), can i connect both dishes to the dreambox? am planning on a dreambox 8000

• in case you planed 8k dream you have to chose twin output LNBs to able useage of second tuner

troug diseq switch you can connect LNBs how many you want(i stoped on 25)

on each dish better instal more than one LNB