DM800 - Modify DHCP to Manual IP in Bootloader V2

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: DM800
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2):enigma2
    Firmware version:09/05/2008

your question
    Hi All,

I tried many times to modify the DHCP setting into the DM800 bios with the help of Nullmodem cable but I can't reach to move into this bios.

As per some guide I've seen, you have to push 'S' to enter bios.
    For me I have to start connection via Hyperterminal , disconnect and reconnect during bootup and I'm in... otherwise I am stucked at some information displaying dreamupd initialized and that's it (See below)
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://i33.tinypic.com/2ez1p1i.jpg]

When I managed to enter bios, moving through menu does not work at all !
    Right or left arrow seem not to respond.

I can't change this DHCP setting that drives me crazy.
    I've got Fixed IP Network at home because of lots of devises connected and sharing. I don't want to use DHCP.

May so help please ?

I don't know where to search... any idea ?

Thanks in advance

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jontox ()

• Hi m8,

First your Image 09/05/2008 is too old !

Better you flash the newest experimental DMM Image or an other CVS Image !

Then you have then the newest 2nd stage loader, drives and enigma etc..

then take a look here to setup your IP Addr / DHCP OFF in the bios ==> klick me

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SiennaRoot ()

• Try to connect with windows telnet client and not hyperterminal. Maybe it works better ? Works fine for me in telnet! And I don't even have to use a nullmodem cable ... works fine via network (DHCP Server required one time so that the Box gets an IP until you set it manually).

Zitat

I've got Fixed IP Network at home because of lots of devises connected and sharing. I don't want to use DHCP.

What's easier? To edit and update IP Addresses on all your devices all the time, or adjust the DHCP Server to assign all those IPs automaticly to MAC Adresses and your Devices? I find it easier to manage all my IP's in my network on a single page from my DHCP Server ...

I have a list there of all my !16! Devices and can assign one IP to each devices there. I find it much easier on this way and don't have to do anything on those 16 devices ...

DHCP is primary used for larger networks with many devices because it's much more comfortable to manage all IPs on a single page than manually set IPs on all devices!

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• :confused_face: dear experts,

i have dream box 800HD PVR original box,its have enigma 2 2.8.4 version .[Moderator] violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]

thank you

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• please read the board rules. talking about softcam's is not alowed

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter